Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insolation Advise

• 19-05-2011 6:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭

Now i know i have asked a simillar question before but i am just wondering could i get some furher advise. We are going laying blocks shortly so have to decide/ we are pumping the cavity with 150 mm blown in warmfill silver bonded bead and i am just wondering should we put 38mm insolated plasterboard on the inside wall or is there any need for this. All i want is to have a warm house and for the house to hold the heat. If anyone has a house with 150mm pumped cavity and oil heating i am just wondering could you let me know if the house is warm.

Any advise greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

Katz83 wrote: »
    Now i know i have asked a simillar question before but i am just wondering could i get some furher advise. We are going laying blocks shortly so have to decide/ we are pumping the cavity with 150 mm blown in warmfill silver bonded bead and i am just wondering should we put 38mm insolated plasterboard on the inside wall or is there any need for this. All i want is to have a warm house and for the house to hold the heat. If anyone has a house with 150mm pumped cavity and oil heating i am just wondering could you let me know if the house is warm.

Any advise greatly appreciated.

I don't think you will need the Insulated board.
    But I know very little about your house. and there is very little information.

I would be inclined not to use the internal board because (assuming the inner leaf is block) it will allow some heat storage in the block which improves comfort levels. (put very simply.)

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Katz83

d'Oracle wrote: »
    I don't think you will need the Insulated board.
    But I know very little about your house. and there is very little information.

I would be inclined not to use the internal board because (assuming the inner leaf is block) it will allow some heat storage in the block which improves comfort levels. (put very simply.)

Thanks for the reply great to get feedback. Well this is our house spec as so far as we have decided. Pumped cavity 150mm block built house. 100mm insolation in floors. Building regs regards attic insolation. Oil heating with stoves with back boiler. u value in window 1.1. We will have vents in the windows as the budget dosnt stech to HRV.

Advertisement