Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

KG cleaning solvents

Options
  • 19-05-2011 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭

just wondering if anyone is using KG cleaning solvents on centre fire rifles. If so what number solvent are you using and how do you find it

tommy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭zeissman

I use KG1 carbon cleaner and find it very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭GixxerThou

I use kg12, find it excellent, also use kg2. Good stuff. Butches Boreshine gets a run every now and then too, anything that smells that potent must be good :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Keelan

Just a tip, wear surgical gloves when using these products and others, also, make sure your in a well ventilated room, as the chemicals in these solvents, are Carcinogenic!
    I have used them in the passed when i had rifles and found them very good.
    Allways, use a bronze brush, when cleaning centerfire rifles, due to copper in the barrel, its the main thing that gets rid of copper.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

I use this

KG-12 was developed specifically to clean the copper fouling from large bore military weapons. KG-12 provides professional shooters, gunsmiths, armorers, hunters and other firearm enthusiasts with a product that will remove the toughest copper fouling without damaging the bore. Unlike ammonia-based products, there is no need to neutralize KG-12 or to remove it quickly because KG-12 contains no ammonia.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

I picked up
    KG1-carbon remover
    KG2-bore polish
    KG12-big bore cleaner
    KG3-solvent & degreaser

but not to sure i need all of them. They will be used to clean my .308.

• Advertisement
Advertisement