Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Media streaming with UPC Thomson router

• 19-05-2011 7:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭

Is anyone having problems streaming with their new routers. Getting chronic stuttering problems every few seconds or just a total freeze. Never had these problems with my old Linksys WRT54GL. Not very impressed if it's a hardware problem. Is there any settings I need to config maybe?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Ranicand

aaronm13 wrote: »
    Is anyone having problems streaming with their new routers. Getting chronic stuttering problems every few seconds or just a total freeze. Never had these problems with my old Linksys WRT54GL. Not very impressed if it's a hardware problem. Is there any settings I need to config maybe?

Yes turn off the flood protection under the firewall settings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

Ranicand wrote: »
    Yes turn off the flood protection under the firewall settings.

There is no check in the box for that setting so I assume it's off by default???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Ranicand

aaronm13 wrote: »
    There is no check in the box for that setting so I assume it's off by default???

Not sure you might try just turning off the full firewall you really do not need it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

Not sure you might try just turning off the full firewall you really do not need it.

I'll give it a bash and see if it works. Thanks for your help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

You should not surf the net without a firewall, it's a terrible idea to rely on the windows firewall...

• Advertisement
Advertisement