Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

orlando help!!!!

Options
  • 19-05-2011 7:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

ok so this is my first holiday without my sis with me so im a nervous wreck....i am going to Florida {orlando} with my friends from work and i have no idea of what food I can bring with me{i have a fridge and kitchenette thing in my hotel room} and what stuff I can bring home. I wanna buy 2 ipods {gifts}. that means ill have 3 ipods when i travel home, is this allowed?:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

tilt_rue wrote: »
    ok so this is my first holiday without my sis with me so im a nervous wreck....i am going to Florida {orlando} with my friends from work and i have no idea of what food I can bring with me{i have a fridge and kitchenette thing in my hotel room} and what stuff I can bring home. I wanna buy 2 ipods {gifts}. that means ill have 3 ipods when i travel home, is this allowed?:confused:

The allowance for bringing in goods from outside the EU is only €430 so unless you buy nothing else, you'll use up your allowance with the 2 Ipods. However the chances of getting caught are slim and as has been posted on other threads in the US and Canada Travel section of Boards, just take them out of the boxes, throw away all literature and pretend you brought them with you. If he asks why you have 3, come up with some lie. Take tags off any clothes you buy as well and leave the bags in the hotel and pretend you brought them with you.

As for food, I know you can't bring any fresh food into the States but I don't know how they feel about stuff like a packet of biscuits or something. Why do you want to bring food with you anyway? Everything's much cheaper over there. You'd be better off getting all your stuff over there. Same for toiletries etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 tilt_rue

:rolleyes: aww thanks that makes it so much clearer!!!ive been looking at all the custom websites and they dont put their info in lame enst terms. well the reason i wanna bring food over is cause i cant get it over there, good cadburys chocolate, hunky dorys cheese and onion. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,117 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Eh you are going on holidays - surely you can manage without cadburys and hunkys for a couple of weeks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 tilt_rue

chocolate is my thing, idont drink and i dont smoke so im entitled to a luxury !!the hunky dorys are for the sandwiches tat i get!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Advertisement