Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stateside in Letterkenny

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I tried here once and I wasn't impressed but I only said to the other half last week that we have to try it again, might head over at the weekend! Will let ye know how I get on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Been there a few times, usually at 5ish on a Saturday. I've had no complaints. The menu range is a little smaller than what I'd expect from an American style diner, but there's enough for the kids, me, and a Grandad. We'll be going again.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭mistermouse

Wouldn't go back again, so much potential, but ruined by some staff and their odd pricing, very bad sound acoustics (probably not their fault but kids shouting everywhere is really amplified by the way its furnished) I am not anti kids in restaurants at all but there is ways of sound deadening premises and they have none of that at all, its an acoustic problem rather than the kids.

Their management when queried on a simple bill error really nailed the coffin and solely for that I wouldn't go back.

I was embarrassed when my friend queried a bill but when the manager/owner started into them, I was shocked. I still think it was incredible. My friend was actually right, but the arrogance of the owner was brutal, and that is in a recession.

Its hard to find the money to go out dining and I could take issue with pricing, standards etc, but on service alone in these times, never and I would take some convincing to try again!

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭martyeds

I have been there a few times with my wife and son, and we have no complaints at all. Good sized portions. Only thing which slighty disappoints me is that i usually get a diet sprite but you cant get a free refill with it. On the whole i would be satisfied with the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭henke

Ate in it last week for the first time and found it fine. Thought the food was nice and probably will go back. I take mistermouse's point though, if staff were rude I wouldn't go back either. It costs nothing to have manners and show courtesy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

IPAM wrote: »
    I tried here once and I wasn't impressed but I only said to the other half last week that we have to try it again, might head over at the weekend! Will let ye know how I get on :)

So eventually got back to stateside last Friday. Much much better than before! Got a Classic burger and chunky chips, other half just had tortilla chips n dip. Chunky chips so much better than skinny ones, burger was pretty big, lots of filling and cooked well. We were asked 2 or 3 times if everything was ok and drinks were refilled once but we were asked a few times if we were ok for drinks. All in all alot happier this time and will definitely be back in the new year :)

Advertisement