Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PGDE- anyone done it?

Options
  • 19-05-2011 8:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 49

Can anyone tell me are there many assignments?
    Plus woudl anyone advise certain books to purchase for the course?

I have got a place (awaiting Garda vetting) on the course in UCC- subjects Irish and History.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭CMBT

Yup there are! Its a really demanding year on top of all your own assignments, your juggling school work.

Every school of education will recommend different books but "Essential teaching skills" by Chris Kyriacou was one that was pushed at us all the time.

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Its a big demand on time but I wouldnt call it challenging academically. Assignments are generally easy enough, especially if you have done a subject in college which required you to write essays. Maths and science teachers often find this a bit tougher. I did it in UCD. There will be times where you may have not much to do but then times you're inundated. Its very draining but it is only 9 months and you don't feel the time going by.

Advertisement