Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

meteor returns policy

Options
  • 19-05-2011 8:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭

Can anyone help me out here,i bought a blackberry curve 8520 last week and when i bought it the salesman told me i can return it within 28 days,well i really dont like the phone,first of all i cant use the internet unless i have wifi:confused: and i cant download apps as they arent available in ireland:eek:,so can i simply return it with the receipt for this reason??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭muboop1

Em... Officially you are entitled to nothing.

You cannot just decide you don't like a phone and be legally entitled to a refund.
    That phone is no longer in condition to be sold, so if the store take it back and its working perfectly then they make a loss.

If the phone was unused and unopened they may have let you exchange or given credit note, or perhaps if manager was there a full cash refund (unlikely though).

I'm unsure as to what the employee told you or if he had implied it must be unused or what... he shouldn't have said that.. go back to store and ask to speak to a manager. I'd advise making a complaint... but likely he will just say you misunderstood...

Not to much hope tbh... Sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭muboop1

Maybe they need to be on BB tariffs? They have diff plans I think...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

i have the bb plan but when i try connect via a non wifi connection bb's own browser needs a wifi connection.....id download a new browser but bb's download app doesnt work in ireland:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Surely your first action would be to bring it back to the shop where you bought it, and exercise this 28 day return option. If there is a return policy, then they should accept it. You don't have any statutory right to return a phone that isn't defective, so it's entirely up to Meteor.

If there is something wrong with the phone, that is causing it's 3G Internet connection to fail, then you have a statutory right to bring it back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

jor el wrote: »
    Surely your first action would be to bring it back to the shop where you bought it, and exercise this 28 day return option. If there is a return policy, then they should accept it. You don't have any statutory right to return a phone that isn't defective, so it's entirely up to Meteor.

If there is something wrong with the phone, that is causing it's 3G Internet connection to fail, then you have a statutory right to bring it back.

ill just give the shop a call i dont want to waste my time and be pretty much laughed at:pac:.
    no its all set up properly bb charge a 10 euro a month to use the data plan which includes usage of wifi,i think im best off advertising for a swap online:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

Can anyone help me out here,i bought a blackberry curve 8520 last week and when i bought it the salesman told me i can return it within 28 days,well i really dont like the phone,first of all i cant use the internet unless i have wifi:confused: and i cant download apps as they arent available in ireland:eek:,so can i simply return it with the receipt for this reason??

If you change your mind about your purchase (we all do it!), you have 14 days to return it to us for a full refund. If you find that your phone is faulty you have 28 days to return it for a refund or exchange either using our online returns below or to one of our Meteor stores.

If you need to return your order simply follow the instructions below

Fill in our online store returns form
    Choose whether you would like to return or replace your purchase.
    We will send a postage paid addressed envelope to your address.
    Return your order in its original packaging along with your delivery docket.
    If you’re returning your order due to a fault within 28 days, you can indicate whether you require a refund or a replacement. We are unable to offer refunds on phones that have been physically damaged

http://www.meteor.ie/support/onlinestorefaqs/return_policy/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭JimsAlterEgo

If you find that your phone is faulty you have 28 days to return it for a refund or exchange either using our online returns below or to one of our Meteor stores.

wrong, if faulty you they can return it within a reasonable amount of time (not sure what this for a phone but at least a year if not 2)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

see on the note of blackberry using wifi only i am confused. the guys on the meteor page on facebook specifically told my i didn't have to use wifi to connect with the curve (am considering said purchase) that although curve doesn't have 3g connectivity it will connect through 2g (edge i presume). so if you can only connect through wifi that is confusing.

the chap who sold you the phone, did he go through it with you beforehand. like did he say you could connect to the internet only on wifi or that you could do it over the phones network? cos if he said the latter and you can only do the former then he mis-sold you the phone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

wrong, if faulty you they can return it within a reasonable amount of time (not sure what this for a phone but at least a year if not 2)

Meteor offer an immediate replacement or refund if the fault develops within 28 days of purchase, and beyond that they offer a repair. This is simply a policy, and is in addition to your statutory rights. You are never automatically entitled to a refund, the retailer must simply offer at least one remedy. You don't have to accept their offer, but you cannot force them either.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Max Power 2010

To be honest it just sounds like its not set up on BB's side. There an option in advanced options to activate or register now or something.

Give Meteor a call I'm sure they can get you up and running.

hdowney wrote: »
    see on the note of blackberry using wifi only i am confused. the guys on the meteor page on facebook specifically told my i didn't have to use wifi to connect with the curve (am considering said purchase) that although curve doesn't have 3g connectivity it will connect through 2g (edge i presume). so if you can only connect through wifi that is confusing.

the chap who sold you the phone, did he go through it with you beforehand. like did he say you could connect to the internet only on wifi or that you could do it over the phones network? cos if he said the latter and you can only do the former then he mis-sold you the phone.

thats the weird part yesterday it said i had to connect to wifi but today i tried it and it let me,my opinion is stay away from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Lillydee

I'm not sure what your legal rights are but Meteor are very difficult to deal with over the phone or via e-mail. (Even when you're completely within your rights it is impossible to get your money back off them!). Surly if the sales person told you that you could return it within 28 days that they would allow you to return it! Maybe your best bet would be to return to the store you bought it in. They might take it back through goodwill, but with Meteor I wouldn't hold my breath! Hope you managed to get it sorted!:)

Lillydee wrote: »
    I'm not sure what your legal rights are but Meteor are very difficult to deal with over the phone or via e-mail. (Even when you're completely within your rights it is impossible to get your money back off them!). Surly if the sales person told you that you could return it within 28 days that they would allow you to return it! Maybe your best bet would be to return to the store you bought it in. They might take it back through goodwill, but with Meteor I wouldn't hold my breath! Hope you managed to get it sorted!:)

thanks decided to keep it,ill do a swap online soon enough :D

Advertisement