Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

L.A Noire hype ...

• 19-05-2011 8:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭

Where's the buzz behind a RockStar game release ? I thought there would be a thread in here of people heading in to buy the game first thing in the morning and people on the look out for shops early releasing ....

Have I over hyped the game to myself ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

There's a fairly big thread here that has been running for a while.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I've seen a fair few discussions floating aboot.
    Think this is the main one:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=2056087128
    edit: nummnuts beats bollockos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Smoggy

That's more like it, I thought the game was going to get released without a single remark !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I will be getting it after work. I was a bit hyped about it, but after few reviews - not so much.

I am still getting it, still love the concept, but gameplay did not looked as good as trailer were making it.

Will be good sp time killer I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Azure_sky

Smoggy wrote: »
    That's more like it, I thought the game was going to get released without a single remark !

That would be too much to hope for...:pac:

Shortly after the release, a minority of players on both PS3 and Xbox 360 experienced game freezes due to overheating of the consoles.[48] After originally judging that the problem was due to the latest PS3 firmware, Rockstar later acknowledged the problem on their game FAQ.[49] In a subsequent joint statement, Sony and Rockstar declared that the problem was caused by neither the PS3 firmware update nor the game.[50]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L.A._Noire

• Advertisement

Playing it now, but honestly... I don't know what to make out of it just yet. Can't say it's uber cool must buy, but can't say it's **** too...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭punk77

Playing it now, but honestly... I don't know what to make out of it just yet. Can't say it's uber cool must buy, but can't say it's **** too...

Brilliant review lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

probably no hype on here because games are meant to go in the games forum.:rolleyes:

punk77 wrote: »
    Brilliant review lol

Well that is the thing lol. It's allright... Nothing that I would recommend and nothing I would not recommend. It's just.... Allright lol.

Let's say those trailers look better ten real thing ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Feel the same way about it, I avoided most of the hype so had an open mind coming to it, I could take it or leave it at the moment.

One thing I'll say though if mafia 2 had played like this in terms of controls and car handling it would have been a better game for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

Have to say, I didn't get hyped up about this at all because I normally hate RockStar games. I got this one out of curiosity and something to play since I finished my exams. I'm only about halfway through the second disk at the moment and I'm already finding it a bit boring and repetitive(also quite predictable). Hopefully it picks up a fair bit through the rest.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,782 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

There's a thread already in the games section.

Advertisement