Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connemara Turf Mór

Options
  • 19-05-2011 8:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

Does anybody have any experiences with this whiskey?
    I found the Cask Strength Single Malt to be delicious, and with it on special in the Celtic Whiskey Shop(If I'm not mistaken...), it's quite tempting to try. That said, even €55 isn't all too cheap.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

That's a great price, haven't tried it yet but have the Cask Strength and the standard Connemara. I would risk it tbh, favourably reviewed in Jim William's whiskey bible too.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

I've tasted it and would say it's well worth €55.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Brockagh

It's a small batch release, so once the bottles are gone, you won't get to try it again. It's very good for such a young whiskey. You'd have to like peaty whiskey, of course. You could also ask in the Celtic Whiskey Shop if they have any available to taste...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I don't like it, I think €30 would be a fairer price for it. At €50 you are competing against some far superior whiskeys.

Definitely try to taste it before buying.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭twerg_85

I thought it was very hot, like a big chile kick followed by nice peaty taste. Would also recommend trying before buying.

• Advertisement
Advertisement