Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Food catering Portarlington - any recommendations?

Options
  • 19-05-2011 9:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭

Hi all,

Have a christening coming up and looking for a caterer to do a cold buffet for about 30 people. Any recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭lorweld

Alan Mitchell does catering. He runs the fish shop Near the library.

I've also heard great reports about catering done by the French Quarter cafe on French Church Street. Heard the food is top notch and very reasonable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

lorweld wrote: »
    Alan Mitchell does catering. He runs the fish shop Near the library.

I've also heard great reports about catering done by the French Quarter cafe on French Church Street. Heard the food is top notch and very reasonable.

Either are great, we've dealt with Alan many times and has always done great stuff for us.

Eamon is the French is a gent as well and food is amazing.......BUT the coffee is some of the best i've ever tasted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭lorweld

Agree with you elvis jones. Eamon is lovely. The food is great too. I wish him well in the business.

I'm sure the catering is fab too

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Minxie123

Thanks all for the replies. Spoke to Eamonn yesterday and I reckon we'll be going with him.

Minxie123 wrote: »
    Thanks all for the replies. Spoke to Eamonn yesterday and I reckon we'll be going with him.

Next time in i'm going to demand a coffee as a consultancy fee:D

• Advertisement

Next time in i'm going to demand a coffee as a consultancy fee:D

And a slice of carrot cake! It's the nicest I've ever tasted :D

And a slice of carrot cake! It's the nicest I've ever tasted :D

No its pancakes and bacon for me:)

No its pancakes and bacon for me:)

Ah stop! You have me starving now. Think Eamonn might be getting a visit from me today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭wing52

If youre in the french just go for eggs benedict

Nom

Nom

Nom

:)

Hi all, just to update. Christening was on Saturday and The French 1/4 did the food. It was absolutely fantastic. Plenty of it so everyone had seconds. They also did the christening cake which was yummers! Highly recommend them if you're looking to have a party catered. While I'm at it, would also like to say that The Anvil was a great venue as well. We had the bar and what used to be the restaurant upstairs. Perfect size for around 30 people. Staff were brilliant on the day as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Cathmad

Does anybody know if The Latin Quarter in Portarlington has closed down or if they have changed their number. Can not get through to them at all on 057 864 3366. If there is another number please can you let me know...

Cathmad wrote: »
    Does anybody know if The Latin Quarter in Portarlington has closed down or if they have changed their number. Can not get through to them at all on 057 864 3366. If there is another number please can you let me know...

Do you mean The French Quarter? If so then it's very much open. Was in there yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Do you mean The French Quarter? If so then it's very much open. Was in there yesterday.

Yeh, was in there myself last week. Quite good and inexpensive.

Advertisement