Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway girls and high heels

Options
  • 19-05-2011 9:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭

I was in the jacks there in Javas the other evening and saw graffiti on the wall which claimed Galway is the town of women unable to walk in heels.
    Later on in Supermacs I considered this as the young wans came in and truly few of them could walk properly.
    So whats the deal, why wear shoes that you cannot walk properly in. Its only sexy if you walk properly in them.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

I would like to see you walk in heals after 10/15 vodkas

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

Fuinseog wrote: »
    I was in the jacks there in Javas the other evening and saw graffiti on the wall which claimed Galway is the town of women unable to walk in heels.
    Later on in Supermacs I considered this as the young wans came in and truly few of them could walk properly.
    So whats the deal, why wear shoes that you cannot walk properly in. Its only sexy if you walk properly in them.

they're sexy because they make their arses look more pert. its not about walking

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

they're sexy because they make their arses look more pert. its not about walking

Pippas orse was pert without six inch heels.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

Maybe they have sore fannies

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

There is a generally accepted corollary between a girl with a pert arse and six (plus) inches, I find! >_>

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

aujopimur wrote: »
    They all have lovely bottoms sore fannies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds1

Originally invented by a Chinese King whose name escapes me to tighten particular muscles, easily known designed by a man!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Doesn't stop ye wearing them, does it? Honestly, they should come with a health warning.. Do Not Mix With ALCOHOL!!

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Owldshtok

Doesn't stop ye wearing them, does it? Honestly, they should come with a health warning.. Do Not Mix With ALCOHOL!!

Exactly! And if you can't learn how to walk in them sober don't do it.With this I don't think there's an in-between way.It either looks sophisticated and sexy when done right, or like you should also be dragging you knuckles along the ground if done wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I'd never be able to walk in them. They look like the most painful things ever. Factor in a load of downed alcohol and you have yourselves a problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

Used to always chuckle to myself on a night out as some girl is on her knees trying to dislodge her shoe, the heel of which got wedged between two cobbles on shop street.

Happened quite the regularity

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

Lu Tze wrote: »
    Used to always chuckle to myself on a night out as some girl is on her knees trying to dislodge her shoe, the heel of which got wedged between two cobbles on shop street.

Happened quite the regularity

tis always a weapon. Its not unknown for two skangers to take a eye out with one when embroiled in a cat fight.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Its the cobblestones. I can walk grand in them but its only on shop street that I end up walking like Gollum. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭TheCosmicFrog

I ask my female friends this same question all the time. Personally I find girls who wear flats... scrap that... girls who can walk while drunk and still look reasonably normal, to be much sexier than those who stumble in high heels. It's not just when they're mixed with alcohol either. I don't get the appeal of them. Girls tell me they wear them to look/feel sexy. I don't find them sexy...?

The stairs in Cuba was where many a high-heeled girl met her demise. Those wearing flats tripped often enough such that girls in heels never stood a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,343 ✭✭✭Dull and Boring

Neyite wrote: »
    Its the cobblestones. I can walk grand in them but its only on shop street that I end up walking like Gollum. :D

I often trip on the cobbles in flats too:p

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭DonnieScribbles

People can drunkenly walk in heels if they so wish, as long as they don't tred on my feet as they do so. It's really sore!

Nothing worse than a near foot stabbing to spoil your night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Those girls just need practise:p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,042 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Save them for the bedroom ladies.:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

aujopimur wrote: »

Id say a lot of the sort that would wear high heels would not only have sore fannies but sore arses as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Head The Wall

Id say a lot of the sort that would wear high heels would not only have sore fannies but sore arses as well.
    Must get me one or two of those :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Karona

I only wear flats when i head out, me + high heels is a dangerous thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭pseudonym1

I think it's possible that Galway city council cobbles stones are in cahoots with the cobblers. Stiletto heels get caught something terrible between them which means regular re-heeling and destruction for narrow heeled shoes .. Grrrrr!

Oh and there is a lot of this going on too...

Cheap shoes worn for the first time on night out
    +
    too much alcohol
    +
    scantily clad attire

It is just not a good look ladies!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Chrussell2

pseudonym1 wrote: »

too much alcohol
    +
    scantily clad attire

It is just not a good look ladies!

I beg to differ!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭pseudonym1

Chrussell2 wrote: »
    I beg to differ!

Free choice.... It was about the new uncomfortable shoes though,

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Chrussell2

pseudonym1 wrote: »
    Free choice.... It was about the new uncomfortable shoes though,

Haha I know, I was trying to be funny and failed miserably!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭TheCosmicFrog

Chrussell2 wrote: »
    Haha I know, I was trying to be funny and failed miserably!

If it's any consolation, your post got at least four laughs from the people in this room.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Its the cobbles, swear! And all the stairs EVERYWHERE that just do not like heels!

Heels out, flats for afterwards in Supermacs is the way to go ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭PEACEBROTHER

Its the cobbles, swear! And all the stairs EVERYWHERE that just do not like heels!

Heels out, flats for afterwards in Supermacs is the way to go ;)

whats left for the bedroom ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

whats left for the bedroom ?

Curry cheese chips, bad drunk sex and a terrible sense of shame...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Rodin

tuxy wrote: »
    I would like to see you walk in heals after 10/15 vodkas

Even sexier!

Advertisement