If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price on LG 50PK350

Options
  • 19-05-2011 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭

I've PM'ed John several times about this but he hasn't responded :confused:

Anyhoo, I looking for a price on the LG 50PK350.

Can you also conform thats its Saorview compatible. AFAIK it is.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

podge3 wrote: »
    I've PM'ed John several times about this but he hasn't responded :confused:

Anyhoo, I looking for a price on the LG 50PK350.

Can you also conform thats its Saorview compatible. AFAIK it is.

Podge,

apologies, as posted yesterday - I have had a bit of a mad couple of weeks and I'm just trying to catch up now..

The 50PK350 is Saorview compatible but is not Saorview certified - it currently retauils at £499.95 / €579.99 and is available from stock.

Keep me posted and again apologies for the late response,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭podge3

Podge,

apologies, as posted yesterday - I have had a bit of a mad couple of weeks and I'm just trying to catch up now..

The 50PK350 is Saorview compatible but is not Saorview certified - it currently retauils at £499.95 / €579.99 and is available from stock.

Keep me posted and again apologies for the late response,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    I thought there was something up, John. Its not like you to ignore messages ;).

What is the difference between "Saorview compatible" and "Saorview certified".

Is there an similar LG that is Saorview certified.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭ReadySteadyGo

Sorry to jump in, but I'm also interested in one of these, and was about to post a new thread asking the same question ;-)

Anecdotally, There is someone on boards, who said they are using it (a few months ago) with saorview no problem.

I think I read the internal tuner does sd only. I think some of saorview will be (or might be already) hd, so not sure if the hd ones would continue to work? Worst case an external Set top box, or maybe investigate a tuner card in a pc?

Can you confirm price to deliver to Dublin? (5mins off the M50)
    Can you confirm price for extended warranty?

I thought there was something up, John. Its not like you to ignore messages ;).

What is the difference between "Saorview compatible" and "Saorview certified".

Is there an similar LG that is Saorview certified.

Podge,

the RTE/Terracom certification procedure to allow a TV to wear the Saorview badge and associated emblem has only relatively recently been formalised and the PK350 series and pretty much all other TV Manufacturers TV's from 2010/2011 ranges would have been released prior to the testing process being finalised by RTENL/Terracom - however the 50PK350 does work 100% and this will be verified by lots of Boardies either here or in the 'Tech, Terrestrial' forums.

Many manufacturers 2011/2012 ranges are (or have) been submitted for Saorview certification and in time I think (with the exception of a few significant names) you will see most products carrying the official logo - in effect though the 50PK350 is fully compatible

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Thanks John - PM sent.

• Advertisement

Just wanted to say a public thanks to John for his usual professional service on this.

I now have one of these fantastic TVs in my sitting room and the HD picture is fantastic. Everyone probably won't agree, but I think the pic quality on a plasma screen is far superior to that of an LCD.

Just wanted to say a public thanks to John for his usual professional service on this.

I now have one of these fantastic TVs in my sitting room and the HD picture is fantastic. Everyone probably won't agree, but I think the pic quality on a plasma screen is far superior to that of an LCD.

Podge,

Thanks a million for taking the time to write in (your £fivers in the post ;))

And you won't find me disagreeing with you on the LCD/Plasma front..

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.