Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

No sound from media player through amp

• 19-05-2011 9:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭

Apologies if this is the wrong forum, but didn't really know where i should go!

Purchased this bad boy....
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003FMSIQ8/ref=oss_product

Have all old equipment other wise! a technomate 1000 which i connected via a scart to rgb cable (scart from sat, rgb to tv) connected an amp via scart. This set up is working fine. Connect my iomega screenplay hd via hdmi, i get picture but no sound from the amp..... Any ideas? THe sound comes through the tv ok, but not through the amp :-( Of course i can run separate audio cable from the media player to the amp, but should I have to do that? am I missing something?

Next on the upgrade list will be a better satellite decoder by the way! get some HD!

Any help appreciated! knew to this hdmi game!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

What is the amp?

What is the media file formats you are trying to play? What is the audio and video format?

Could be the audio format is not supported by the amp? Maybe the Amp needs a firmware update?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

The amp is a magnavox mrd 260.
    I realised after that any auxiliary equipment to the tv doens't come throught the amp....

With my old philips tv, I connected my magnavox amp to the tv via scart. Anything which I then connected to the tv vai scart or rgb came through the amp.

Now however I have a technomate sat connected through the rgb and an iomega screenplay pro connected via hdmi. Neither play sound through amp, only through the tv.

Currently I have the tv connected to the amp via the headphone jack on the tv. I assume I'm not going to get great sound this way! I'll try messing around with the tv settings today, couldn't see anything in the manual :-(

EDIT: Media file was avi. divx with mp3 audio

Advertisement