Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Fixed Line Broadband

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭whore

any existing customers called them up and asked them if they're eligible for this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

I literally have just recontracted with vf, got a new router for free which I badly needed, im aware I have 7 days cooling off period which I may avail off.

8mb broadband, but checked speed last night (10pm) 2.6, and this morning (730) 2.5, this is three times slower than what I'm paying for :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

Ghandee wrote: »
    I literally have just recontracted with vf, got a new router for free which I badly needed, im aware I have 7 days cooling off period which I may avail off.

8mb broadband, but checked speed last night (10pm) 2.6, and this morning (730) 2.5, this is three times slower than what I'm paying for :eek:

8Mb is the max then you have contention ratio and line quality. What are your line stats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

paddyp wrote: »
    8Mb is the max then you have contention ratio and line quality. What are your line stats.

Just been on the phone to VF.
    My line stats are up to 8mb, (as in they say it is capable of those speeds)however they say my exchange is only capable of handling 3mb :eek:
    The exchange will be 'upgraded in the future though' is what I was told, when in the future though????

Surely this is something 'worth mentioning' when getting me to sign up to a new 12 month 'up to 8mb' broadband?

I could swear that I was getting 6mb + with BT a few years back, though I am open to correction....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭badabing106

Ghandee wrote: »
    Just been on the phone to VF.
    My line stats are up to 8mb, (as in they say it is capable of those speeds)however they say my exchange is only capable of handling 3mb :eek:
    The exchange will be 'upgraded in the future though' is what I was told, when .

That is the exact same spiel they told me amongst other things like the fault was on our end and to check your cables .

I have had to contact the vodafone forum litterarily over 100 times reasurring us that broadand issues would be remedyied .Time and time again , the same problems reacurred .

We have had approx 3- 4 months of no internet or non usable internet service with Vodafone broadband .When the internet was not down , we had to deal with random weeks of internet disconnecting every 5 -15 minutes, or else speeds of lest than .0.1mb which is unusable internet,( I have dozens of speedtest showing my speeds in different months at differnt times throughout the day) I have had to contact them constantly about these speeds to "fix" them" .:mad:

1071032380.png

1240855194.png

1294891746.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭clintondaly

Jesus,with results like that your better off using An Post

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Snaggerman

TechFreak wrote: »
    I heard something about there being an issue with Vodafone and downloading torrents..... not to mention I also heard that they too block pirate bay. Perhaps someone who uses Torrents and has Vodafone here can confirm or deny same.

Of course all the torrents Id download are legal and in no way violate copyright law :cool:

No issues here, been with them for 2 years or so, never had a problem getting TV progs from the cousins in the states;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭McSween

we are back with eircom and have our proper speed back. vodafone are complete and utter liars. our speed fluctuated from .85 to 1.15 and apparently it was a line problem and an engineer would have to look at it. back with eircom this week and it is 2.65-2.7. still a shockingly slow speed but at least it isnt the same speed as vodafone's 'dial up' speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭clintondaly

No issues either,Pirate Bay not blocked nor bandwidth throttled

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭andrewdeerpark

We have had approx 3- 4 months of no internet or non usable internet service with Vodafone broadband .When the internet was not down , we had to deal with random weeks of internet disconnecting every 5 -15 minutes, or else speeds of lest than .0.1mb which is unusable internet,( I have dozens of speedtest showing my speeds in different months at differnt times throughout the day) I have had to contact them constantly about these speeds to "fix" them" .:mad:

1071032380.png

1240855194.png

1294891746.png

Check you internal house wiring make sure the router is on the first extension on the house and disconnect the other extensions plus check the joining from the external pole to you house wiring. Nearly all these issues are internal wiring.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Squall19

Check you internal house wiring make sure the router is on the first extension on the house and disconnect the other extensions plus check the joining from the external pole to you house wiring. Nearly all these issues are internal wiring.

Exactly, was going to say the same thing.

Just connect dsl cable straight from the router into the socket in the wall.

Dont use the crap extension box, plug cable into the wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

I phoned Vodafone about this, the person I talked to knew nothing about it. She quoted me the standard rates on the web. So seems its not a nationwide offer, maybe just a limited promo from some Vodafone reps only.

P.S. I think I've solved the mystery of this promotion.

Its a re-connection offer valid on 500,000 selected landlines that re-connect before July 1st. 2011. The offer is 12 months half price broadband bundle for re-connected landlines.
    So the price with this offer would be €19 per month for Vodafone Pay Monthly mobile customers and €20 per month for everyone else: http://www.vodafone.ie/df/homebroadband/connectionquery/

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭wideangle

I'm with vodafone had the 20meg package it never went above 12meg.
    I'm in Douglas and nearer to the exchange than Grange.12 is the max my line can take.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭badabing106

Squall19 wrote: »
    Exactly, was going to say the same thing.

Just connect dsl cable straight from the router into the socket in the wall.

Dont use the crap extension box, plug cable into the wall.

Yeah tryed everything .We have removed all the filters ,updated firmware, changed modems, changed cables and any other possiblile factor. We have spent weeks and weeks trying out every differnt possible scenario. The cable is plugged directly into the router, the wireless modem is practically kissing the router. We have tryed every possible configuration from moving the whole set up into the hallway and back to the room where the computer is.

Bottom line is that the broadband provider we had for two years previous to vodafone, we had a very good, no issue service. The instance we moved to Vodafone at home broadband, these issues manifested themselves and I have to contact them every week about some major problem or other .

By the way, The last correspondance I have had with Vodafone, they have told me outright that it is not an internal issue .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭WebGeek

We're always worried about switching from eircom because they control the fixed lines. We're lucky enough to get broadband given we're 10km from the switch so we don't want to upset any eircom folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭cyburger

goalposts wrote: »
    I haven't seen this posted elsewhere but I got a call to the door this evening (in Cork if that matters) from Vodafone reps. They're offering half price on their fixed price bundles for 12 months, but apparently it can only be processed by the reps themselves, I'd imagine if you ring Vodafone and tell them that you want the deal you'd be sorted out too.

I think that's only available if you're reconnecting a phone line that's been disconnected for a while? I was trying to get it becasue there had been a line the appartment I've moved into but even though I have an NTU and the line wasn't dialling 19800 (although there was a busy tone), it had to be installed as a brand new connection because eircom said there was already a working line there - apparantly something about it not being tagged in the exchange. Cheers eircom.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 goalposts

cyburger wrote: »
    I think that's only available if you're reconnecting a phone line that's been disconnected for a while? I was trying to get it becasue there had been a line the appartment I've moved into but even though I have an NTU and the line wasn't dialling 19800 (although there was a busy tone), it had to be installed as a brand new connection because eircom said there was already a working line there - apparantly something about it not being tagged in the exchange. Cheers eircom.
    Hi cyburger,
    I hadn't checked back here for a while; after I was told of people's issues with Vodafone I gave up on the idea. I have a phone line in my place that isn't connected at the moment either and the girl at the door was saying that it shouldn't be a problem, but then again the two that called did tell a few porkies that I called them on (unlimited download limit has a hard limit written in big red letters on their information sheet for example!).

A pinch of salt and a self protecting attitude is needed with these folks I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭thatsmyboy

Guys I was in a vodafone shop today and they are doing 70mg fiber broadband now through the eircom phone line foe €35 a month unlimited download also. Eircom are offering the same for 30 euro for 6 months but 50 a month there after. What do ye guys in the know think of this. I was told by the girl in the shop they are using the same phone line to deliver this as eircom would....

Is there some catch I'm not seeing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

thatsmyboy wrote: »
    Guys I was in a vodafone shop today and they are doing 70mg fiber broadband now through the eircom phone line foe €35 a month unlimited download also. Eircom are offering the same for 30 euro for 6 months but 50 a month there after. What do ye guys in the know think of this. I was told by the girl in the shop they are using the same phone line to deliver this as eircom would....

Is there some catch I'm not seeing

No catch - here is the plan http://www.vodafone.ie/home-phone-broadband/simply-broadband-max/?ts=1384890083743

€32 if you are already a Vodafone customer. It is definitely a good price and far better than Eircom.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭Ballyv24

No good for me until Feb 14

http://www.eircom.net/efibreinfo/map/

Can't wait

• Advertisement

Thanks guys
    Snowdrifts how is it so better than eircom when they are using eircom phone line. Do you mind me asking do you have it please.

Is there anyone out there in boardsland that is using it at the moment ..

Thanks guys
    Snowdrifts how is it so better than eircom when they are using eircom phone line. Do you mind me asking do you have it please.

Is there anyone out there in boardsland that is using it at the moment ..

I meant in terms of price. The actually broadband speeds will be the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

:eek: This thread is over 2 yrs old...

Why does that matter how old the thread is. If I'm asking the question tonight I'm obliviously meaning about vodafone broadband today Nov 13.

Am I doing something wrong posting inn old thread

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Slick50

I signed up with vodafone recently for simply broadband. On my first bill they charged me for two weeks of simply talk, before I was even transfered as a customer from eircom, and a further ten days of broadband service that I had already paid eircom for. When I queried the charges, I was told that I would have to take it up with eircom. But, luckily for me, I had specifically asked what would be the situation regarding the change over and double charging. I was reassured by the vodafone rep, that this would not happen, so when the dispute came up, vodafone reviewed the contract call, and arranged for a refund in my next bill. So if you are changing over, be sure to get a commitment from vodafone that there will be no overlap of bills/double charging, if they are handling the change over.

Is it a good service slick50 is what I'm interested in please as I will be a new customer not switching from anyone

• Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Why does that matter how old the thread is. If I'm asking the question tonight I'm obliviously meaning about vodafone broadband today Nov 13.
    You need to check the calendar as today is Nov 19 ;)

Gona take the plunge guys and get the vodafone fixer fiber broadband working over the eircom phone line.

This is the breakdown in price
    Vodafone €35per month for 12 months will cost €420. That is 70mg upload on the fiber line with unlimited download. There is no free landlines calls with this but I don't want them

Eircom package is first 6 months at €35 then other 6 months will be normal price of €50 which totals for 12 months €480 for first yr but €600 every other yr . Same speeds and same download.

Eircom have 18 month contract where as vodafone have 24 month though.

So all in all unless someone who is using vodafone fixed line can come on and give me a good reason not to get it I think I will run with vodafone.

Muffler have another read I ment today as in month November and yr 13 as the poster was talking about the thread been 2 yrs old. We were talking about yrs not days of the month

• Advertisement

Eircom is actually €35 for the first 6 months and €50 thereafter. (€30 is for 50mb with a limit of 30gb)

Vodafone also have 12,18 and 24 month contracts. You need to sign up for at least 18 months in order the get their free router otherwise it will cost you €29.99.

Advertisement