Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Fixed Line Broadband

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

SnowDrifts wrote: »
    No catch - here is the plan http://www.vodafone.ie/home-phone-broadband/simply-broadband-max/?ts=1384890083743

€32 if you are already a Vodafone customer. It is definitely a good price and far better than Eircom.
    You only get about a hundred minutes of calls for the whole month and that includes all national and local calls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

foggy_lad wrote: »
    You only get about a hundred minutes of calls for the whole month and that includes all national and local calls.

On the plan we are talking about - you get zero minutes.......

The package you are talking about is €40.

All the information on plans is here ... http://www.vodafone.ie/home-phone-broadband/simply-broadband-max/?ts=1384905180968

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Slick50

thatsmyboy wrote: »
    Is it a good service slick50 is what I'm interested in please as I will be a new customer not switching from anyone
    It's good enough, I am getting 9-10mb most of the time, but this can drop off to 2mb at times, usually evening. This shouldn't happen, as it supposed to be uncontested/uncongested. It doesn't bother me too much as I expect to be getting 70mb fibre shortly. There is a twelve month option.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Guys I was in a vodafone shop today and they are doing 70mg fiber broadband now through the eircom phone line foe €35 a month unlimited download also. Eircom are offering the same for 30 euro for 6 months but 50 a month there after. What do ye guys in the know think of this. I was told by the girl in the shop they are using the same phone line to deliver this as eircom would....

Is there some catch I'm not seeing

I'm a Vodafone Mobile Bill Pay customer and got my landline BB upgraded to Fibre (Broadband only) for only €25 a month with unlimited downloads,the only proviso was that I signed up to a 24 month contract.I didn't mind the long contract as I never had a problem previously and touch wood I've had no problems with the fibre Broadband.

Non VF Mobile Bill customers pay €32 a month,mate of mine just switched from Eircom as they couldn't touch VF pricewise.

zerks wrote: »
    I'm a Vodafone Mobile Bill Pay customer and got my landline BB upgraded to Fibre (Broadband only) for only €25 a month with unlimited downloads,the only proviso was that I signed up to a 24 month contract.I didn't mind the long contract as I never had a problem previously and touch wood I've had no problems with the fibre Broadband.

Non VF Mobile Bill customers pay €32 a month,mate of mine just switched from Eircom as they couldn't touch VF pricewise.

Says non VF customers pay €35 on their website. Have you got a link for the €32 price?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,504 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I have had vf for years since BT days in 2 different towns and never an issue, v good CS, even moved account to new house and activated line for no cost. Always get about 14Mb here. Wish they would tell their door to door salesmen who is already a customer though as sick of them calling

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

SnowDrifts wrote: »
    Says non VF customers pay €35 on their website. Have you got a link for the €32 price?

Sorry, €35 for non VF customers but 2 of my mates are paying €32 despite not being VF mobile customers,afaik they pushed CS and agreed to a longer deal than the standard 12 months.I suppose as the saying goes, "if you don't ask,you don't get".

zerks wrote: »
    Sorry, €35 for non VF customers but 2 of my mates are paying €32 despite not being VF mobile customers,afaik they pushed CS and agreed to a longer deal than the standard 12 months.I suppose as the saying goes, "if you don't ask,you don't get".

Yeah exactly... switching myself next month so will give it a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭thatsmyboy

I was told today by eircom guy on the phone that my line can only hold/ take 4mgb. He said it won't matter what vodafone offer me ie up to 24mgb if my line only holds/takes 4mgb they will lie to my face.....

• Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I was told today by eircom guy on the phone that my line can only hold/ take 4mgb. He said it won't matter what vodafone offer me ie up to 24mgb if my line only holds/takes 4mgb they will lie to my face.....
    And you would believe an Eircom rep?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

You can get a ball park figure by looking at your current line attenuation and using this calculator: http://www.speedguide.net/dsl_speed_calc.php

Unless your exchange is unbundled though you can be limited to whatever eircom feel like I had this problem before where the line was tested by several providers and capable of a lot more but eircom had limited the profile to 2mb.

Well I don't know MUFFLER then . Do you think he might be talking crap. I rang eircom . The guy checked the line and told me where my new house is the phone lines down that cul de sac are working off an old exchange that are not updated to take efiber and he then went on to say that the line will only take 4mgb max. I would love if he was wrong and I was able to get loads more. What do you think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

Well I don't know MUFFLER then . Do you think he might be talking crap. I rang eircom . The guy checked the line and told me where my new house is the phone lines down that cul de sac are working off an old exchange that are not updated to take efiber and he then went on to say that the line will only take 4mgb max. I would love if he was wrong and I was able to get loads more. What do you think

Just ring a few providers and ask them to test your line there are so many factors, your line might even be split in which case you're stuffed even if the exchange is updated.

PaddyP I think I'm gona admit defeat on this one. Can't believe that Ennis that was supposed to be new age technology town only a few yrs ago can not supply me with UPC, eircom fiber only a ****ty 4mgb broadband upload

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Callanutd

I wouldnt take his word for it thatsmyboy. When I moved into my new house last year they told me that my line could only take 2mb. My neighbour was getting 17mbp so I found it hard to believe. I argued for a while but they were insistent that was all I could get. I asked to speak to a manager, was transferred, they tested and it was 20mb. The clueless simpleton I had first clearly was dropping a zero! I have had VF now since Feb and get a steady 17-18mb for 25 Euro a month unlimited.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,504 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

get your neighbours number and try Sky's website checker as that seems to give the actual capabilities of the line, not the "up to 24" rubbish

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Skippy along

TheDriver wrote: »
    get your neighbours number and try Sky's website checker as that seems to give the actual capabilities of the line, not the "up to 24" rubbish

The father got the efibre vodafone package installed Monday engineer told him "yeah Ur sorted" he fecks off, anyway the father plugs in his shiny new VF modem, onto vodafone speed check website he's getting 2.3mg download speed, onto VF yesterday “we'll call u back" says she.... No says the father ye can take it away I'm cancelling I was getting that speed before I signed your ****tty 24 month contract
    " up to 24 my my arse "

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Vinny-Chase

Must say I've found VF customer service an absolute nightmare to deal with, land line and mobile.
    I've never had a problem on the line so decided yesterday to renew broadband with them, cheapest offer for what I need. After going through the contract on the phone, all done and dusted and I don't know what made me think of it but I just said at the end "That's the fibre broadband now isn't it?!"

"Oh you wanted the fibre broadband?!" "That'll have to go in as a new order, get an engineer to call out..."

No I'll take the slower speed for the same price as the fast thanks. Jaaaaysus!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Slick50

PaddyP I think I'm gona admit defeat on this one. Can't believe that Ennis that was supposed to be new age technology town only a few yrs ago can not supply me with UPC, eircom fiber only a ****ty 4mgb broadband upload
    Whatever the best speed you can get on the line is, you will be getting the same if you are paying eircom or vodafone. The only difference will be how much you are paying.

Advertisement