Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lovely spots in/very near Galway City

Options
  • 19-05-2011 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭

For some reason I found myself trying to think of great spots (eg beauty spots, places to chill) in the city or very nearby.
    Feel free to add more.

Menlo Pier, nice woods there as well. Easy to get to from Menlo Village.
    Also nice nearby is to drive up Monument Road (Kiloughter) and down along the lake back to the village. Really nice views of the lake from the top of the hill.

Walk past Corrib Village and the NUIG sports grounds along the path by the river. Takes you all the way up as far as Menlo Pier (only on the opposite bank) and close the where the river leaves Lough Corrib.

Barna Woods/Silver Strand.

Little green patch at the end of the Long Walk. Usually much quieter than the Sparch.

Merlin Woods.

Renvyle House/Park near Oranmore.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 673 ✭✭✭GekkePrutser

Barna Woods is also nice, or is that too far?

I also like the Mutton Island walkway and the path that starts after the prom at the diving board.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Just dragging up two old threads as there was some great suggestion on them, for city spots and outside city spots..

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=53859446
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055919877

I always find the uni grounds lovely, along the river.

Ballyloughane? It can be nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Barna Woods is also nice, or is that too far?

I also like the Mutton Island walkway and the path that starts after the prom at the diving board.

Barna Woods is lovely is lovely alright, and not too far, especially if you live on that side of the city.

I've actually never done the Mutton Island walkway yet, always mean to do it!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,968 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Had a nice walk in Roscam woods the other week.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭loser2old4board

The river walk. Starting at Commercial Boat club in Woodquay, follow the path of the river all the way to the Claddagh basin and carry on down to Nimmo's pier. Then follow the sea shore and go all the way out on the walkway to Mutton island.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭teepee

Barna peir , sitting out at the end looking out at the atlantic :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭punk77

A drive up Circular rd at night.The best view of the city lights.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

There's a nice little park in Salthill here.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭jwcurtin

Silverstrand, Rusheen Bay on a Summers day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,805 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

A handy lil thread guys!:)
    I will be moving back for the summer and seems as its likely I'll be dole'ing it up along with a few mates, I have been on about taking advantage of the surrounds and maybe organizing a few camping trips etc.
    I shall be keeping an eye on this thread for ideas!

• Advertisement
Advertisement