Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Currys

• 19-05-2011 10:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭

saw in the paper today LG Pj550 in currys for 530 but went into store and its 600 ?Anyone know if paper wrong or they just havent changed it.Please feel free to move it

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

Ask Declan here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1333 hes the boss and seems a decent guy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

Id bring the paper in and get them to honor it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

phill106 wrote: »
    Id bring the paper in and get them to honor it.

Advertised price is only an invitation to treat, You're not entitled to purchase the product at the advertised price.

Basically the company is inviting you to make an offer for the product, but they are not legally bound to sell you the product at the advertised price.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invitation_to_treat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I had originally mentioned that myself foinse, however, that act is really stop people bringing in their own pricing guns and/or taking prices from one product and putting it on another.

If there is a cause for honest mistake then I'm sure they will make good on it.

Only one way to find out..........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

Berty wrote: »
    I had originally mentioned that myself foinse, however, that act is really stop people bringing in their own pricing guns and/or taking prices from one product and putting it on another.

If there is a cause for honest mistake then I'm sure they will make good on it.

Only one way to find out..........

Agreed however, the way Phil's comment is phrased, gives off the impression that by bringing in the advertised price the company will have to honour it.

I'm simply pointing out that in law the store is not obligated to honour the price.

It is not only there to stop people changing prices, it's also there to help stores in the event that a product is mis-advertised by a paper/on tv, radio etc.

The store may honour the price in the paper, but they're under no legal obligation to do so, very important information to have before the OP goes into the store waving the paper around demanding the product at the lower price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

foinse wrote: »
    Agreed however, the way Phil's comment is phrased, gives off the impression that by bringing in the advertised price the company will have to honour it.

I'm simply pointing out that in law the store is not obligated to honour the price.

It is not only there to stop people changing prices, it's also there to help stores in the event that a product is mis-advertised by a paper/on tv, radio etc.

The store may honour the price in the paper, but they're under no legal obligation to do so, very important information to have before the OP goes into the store waving the paper around demanding the product at the lower price.

True, they may not be forced to honour it, but if it is there in front of them in print, most stores would honour it (unless something absurd like something being 1euro instead of 100!)

Advertisement