Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US History?!?!

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LC2010HIS

Will the weekend be ok? Concentrating on European History at the mo! :)

Hey again! Perfecto!

Thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Skyrim

Look at the functions of the American Political System, the checks and blanaces, congress, house of representatives, the democrats and republicans,the influence of the president.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Gav77

Thinking vietnam,
    Bus boycott and cival rights,
    Truman,
    Consenseus,
    Maybe a bit of foreign policy

Prob leave out the moon landing altogether, what do people think? Wouldnt say no to any of those essays either:D

Is this enough for US History?

Vietnam - why involved, how they withdrew

Containment in foreign policy and towards cold war

What led to the collapse of consensus?

Martin Luther Kings role in Civil Rights

Troubled Affluence - Drugs, crime, poverty

Domestic factors impact on US f policy - Race r, anti war, mccarthyism

Truman presidency

??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 774 ✭✭✭stealinhorses

Yeah, well enough.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Happy.k

hey i have a civil rights movment essay that i got an A in if youy want me to send it to you, just give me your e-mail address. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 GracieK17

would it be dangerous to just learn about the Vietnam War, Berlin Bloackade, Korean War, Montgomery Bus Boycott and the Apollo Missions?? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Colm92

GracieK17 wrote: »
    would it be dangerous to just learn about the Vietnam War, Berlin Bloackade, Korean War, Montgomery Bus Boycott and the Apollo Missions?? :confused:

Pretty much yes, remember that the blockade and the korean war came up last year. I would recommend maybe studying 2 or 3 other essays maybe:

"What were the significant developments in US foreign policy after 1972"

" What were the successes and failures of the presidency of Harry S Truman"

and perhaps something on the domestic cold war?.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 GracieK17

ok thank you very much :) but what do you mean by domestic cold war?? haha

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Colm92

GracieK17 wrote: »
    ok thank you very much :) but what do you mean by domestic cold war?? haha

Domestic cold war would be race relations, the anti war movement, and red scare/mccarthyism. It would be one to do for this year.

Good luck! I'm sitting history this year too

• Advertisement

Should I cover the US ec boom ? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 774 ✭✭✭stealinhorses

Sounds like extra work, and if it comes up alongside Vietnam/Civil Rights/Cold War, then you're still more likely to do anything but the economics question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 70 ✭✭squishness

LC2010HIS wrote: »
    Should I cover the US ec boom ? :confused:

Economic bust maybe, not boom.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 29 shellyhowell

Good thread. America is one of the biggest super powers in the world and therefore leading the world and its economy, different people have different perception about America even the American citizens have varied opinions due to the incidences that happened in America, like 9/11 and Iraq invasion. The last week i have just completed my academic essay about American history. Most of the people even believe the America has no right to exist on the world map. This is the sole reason; American essays are assigned to the students to analyze the different perception about America from different students.
    Have a good day :)

Advertisement