Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

door man id

• 20-05-2011 1:49am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 744 ✭✭✭

just a quick one,but can a door man refuse to show you his ID.
    Ihad a brief alercation with two tonight and they both had their id turned to the back of their arms.When i asked to see there id ,iwas told to f**K off

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

I was told when i got my license that it had to be visible at all times(except if doing undercover in a shop) and that anyone looking for your name and psa number had to be given it. If not and it was reported to the psa then a €3000 fine could be imposed along with revoction of the license. Speak to the management of the club, find out who was working the night in question and if they refuse report them to the psa. The club could get a €10000 fine for not adhering to the rules.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 744 ✭✭✭aziz

Yeah,that i what i was lead to believe.But at any stage wheni tried to get a glimse of the id the door man moved away.when i pointed out that the id should be visible to a member of the public, i was basicly showed the door.The arm bands where in no way visible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Apparently they only need to show it to guards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 744 ✭✭✭aziz

I do not want to know their name,thier address or what they had for breakfast, but as with taxi drivers if i have a complaint and i want to report it to the garda or whoever,it's nice to have a number.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

You'd imagine any complaints would have to be made to the club so the PSA thing wouldn't be needed.

Many years ago a guy I know literally had the living **** kicked out of him in a well known nightclub (closed now) for what he claimed was no reason. Knowing the chap he's a bit of a messer so I doubt it was nothing but at the same time he wouldn't hurt a fly. Anyway, he tried to complain and it fell on deaf ears to management/guards he sued them in the end but I'm not sure how it all finished.

My point being OP, don't expect your complaint to get anywhere.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭2Bv¬2B

Apparently they only need to show it to guards

Nope, They have an ID number, there is no name on the badge. As far as I know from talking to the security where I work, they are only obliged to give out their ID number, no name and it HAS to be on display at all times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Joey leBlanc

A few yrs ago I recall a few of us being refused entry into a pub in Dublin..
    the reason I hear u all ask? Being Irish! The pub was having a Polish nite & no Irish were allowed in. It was'nt a private function btw. Just yer typical Irish pub on a weekend night.

Advertisement