Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying/Selling fees

Options
  • 20-05-2011 7:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭

Hello peeps. I'm trying to budget for the aforementioned. I have my sums done for the mortgage repayments on the new house but I'm setting aside a budget for stamp duty/est agent/solicitor fees and some money to kit out the new house.

So for example if I sell my house for 250K and buy my new house for 350K am i correct in the following ...

Est agent is charging 1.5% comission = 3750
    stamp duty @1% = 3500

In general how much would the solicitor charge? And also are the fees subject to another charge ie vat or otherwise? Have i left out any other fees? :o

We have around 10K saved which hopefully will cover the above but would need another 10K to style up the new house. Would we be better adding this onto the mortgage?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 BillieB

The max you should pay for a solicitor is €1,500 incl vat, outlays etc for buying. Not sure how much selling would cost. Also have you got a surveyor for your new house its worth while gettin it will cost about 350. The banks may also wish to send out a valuer (think this is the norm now and you pay around 150 for this).

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭bitethebullet

was quoted 3K all in by the first solicitor I contacted....seems a bit excessive?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 BillieB

was quoted 3K all in by the first solicitor I contacted....seems a bit excessive?

Ring around thats what I did plus if your buying & selling should be able to haggle more

Advertisement