Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pool Table Recovering

• 20-05-2011 8:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭

Folks

Any one ever dealt with EJ Riley or Ger Dunphy for pool table recovering. Just looking for some feedback on how other people got on.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

istaunton wrote: »
    Folks

Any one ever dealt with EJ Riley or Ger Dunphy for pool table recovering. Just looking for some feedback on how other people got on.

Thanks

Where does one find this feedback?

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭istaunton

Well that was pretty helpful thanks.
    All i wanted to know was if anyone had used either of these before and where they happy with the outcome.
    Didnt think what i asked was all that cryptic to be honest

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭zack01

John Moy 0872317531

In my opinion the best in the business

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Well that was pretty helpful thanks.
    All i wanted to know was if anyone had used either of these before and where they happy with the outcome.
    Didnt think what i asked was all that cryptic to be honest

Sorry i misread your opening post. I thought you said "Just looking at some feedback on how other people got on".

Sorry i misread your opening post. I thought you said "Just looking at some feedback on how other people got on".

No Worries these things happen :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Catscar

Hi can you let me know roughly how much I should expect to pay to get pool table recovered please?

Rileys charged me 380 and that included all the rubbers and a new pool table cover.
    And they did a great job on it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭connie147

Rileys charged me 380 and that included all the rubbers and a new pool table cover.
    And they did a great job on it

You got robbed. Seriously.

I own a snooker club (the cue club in Killarney, and have done so for 12 years), and the firm that does my tables now are easily the best in the country, and dont charge anything like the above price for a pool table.

McEvoy snooker and pool from Wicklow. 087-2445846

Any exhibitions we do around the country, McEvoys put in the table and the players are hugely complementary of the table conditions. Andy used to be the tablefitter at Goffs for the [EMAIL="B@H"]B@H[/EMAIL] Irish masters down through the years. I couldnt recommend him highly enough.
    In case readers think I have a vested interest here, then no, I have not. Just giving the benefit of my experience.
    Im sure Ken Doherty knows a bit about tables, and he lets nobody but Andy McEvoy do his table.

Anyway, its another choice for those looking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 hustleone

Would go for Rileys. Charged me 220 euros to cover my table. Done great job, also Brendan Cosgrove is tops.Real gent. Think he charges about same. Mc Evoy snooker & pool never did Goffs! Ger Dunphy claims that one- when BCE were the table suppliers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Lynxter

Booked McEvoy Snooker & Pool to recover my table. Never showed.No phone call nothing! Got Rileys to do the work.Charged €220 Done good job too. Reasonable price. I think the average price you should pay is 200-€250 not inc new rubbers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 omalley_t

I'm from castlebar, i got McEvoy to fit a snooker table in my attic. he done a great job, he is great to deal with, i recommend him 100% to anyone....

• Registered Users Posts: 1 johnny83

Im from mayo,rang lyric a few months back and he said that's its to far to come out for their price despite saying they travel anywhere in Ireland on there homepage.ended up doing it myself,not an easy job i can tell ya,but it was well worth it in the end.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement