Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dyndns not updating automatically on Netgear DG834

Options
  • 20-05-2011 8:29am
    Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,472 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I've set up a dyndns account on a client's PC to allow access via VNC from a remote location. It works partially in that when I go to the router config and force an update the correct IP is sent to dyndns.com and he can connect remotely. However, as soon as the IP address changes the router fails to update with the new IP. Is there some way of forcing it to do this or do I need to install some sort of daemon program to do instead of the router?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,467 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I don't know, but I have a similar problem on my D-Link router, i.e. the built in client just doesn't seem to update, so I've installed the DynDNS client (downloadable from their website) instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Zith

Check the routers firmware is up to date.

Also there is an alternative firmware with more features, have a look for DGteam. I currently use this and have no problems with dyndns updating.

Advertisement