Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommended Lunches in Limerick?

• 20-05-2011 8:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭

Yes, I know there's a restaurant + takeaway sticky, and I'll look at that for a dinner or whatever - but what's currently good for "Friday treat" style lunch in the city? Don't go into town ever for lunch so I'd have no idea. As it's pretty much a once-off, quality more important than super-recession busting deals (but if you can combine the two...).
    No carvery please. Walking distance of city centre.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,340 ✭✭✭✭phog

I like the Strand for lunch. The Absolute used and may still do some good value lunches. Quality in both hotels would be good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I'd go with the Cornstore.

Bella Italia is nice but can be very filling for that hour of the day.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

I go to Paparazzi on Denmark St. (Opposite Z We Ton) for my Friday lunch treat, I looove it.

Very tasty, perfect lunch-time portion sizes, all made fresh in front of you, staff are lovel and it's very reasonable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

La Cucina :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

Cool thanks for the replies so far. Herself isn't a fan of Paparazzi for some reason. La cucina is a bit far for a leisurely stroll:D

• Advertisement

langdang wrote: »
    Cool thanks for the replies so far. Herself isn't a fan of Paparazzi for some reason. La cucina is a bit far for a leisurely stroll:D

My bad - is Milano's opened then? Get a seat by the window and watch the world pass you by

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭si_guru

Milano's or Cornstore for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Comhrá

The Sinbin has always been top-notch for lunch IMHO.

John.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,873 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Having recently tried the new tapas menu at Aubars I'd give it a thumbs up ;)
    Cornstore is good, and aren't Azur doing Lunch now.....Always good there

Thanks for all the suggestions, must file them away for future reference, looks like we're going more towards the greasy side of Friday Treat rather than the classy side...:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Turkuaz for a knobby sit down doner kebab?

Turkuaz for a knobby sit down doner kebab?
    Close;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

The Trinty rooms do the best value lunch in Limerick at the moment.
    It's €2.75 for a good quality sandwich and €1 for chips with it.

A good feed for less than €4. Probably not in the Friday treat category, but definitely good value for any other day.

langdang wrote: »
    Thanks for all the suggestions, must file them away for future reference, looks like we're going more towards the greasy side of Friday Treat rather than the classy side...:D

Enzo's is perfect (make sure you eat-in for the total experience)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 859 ✭✭✭manna452121

Pier 1 is super and they also do a great breakfast,across from the closed dunnes at the bridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭cul-2008

Hi OP,

If its classy you want then look no further than The Savoy hotel. Went here last week for coffee and scones and it was fantastic...a real treat. The Liszt lounge upstairs is nice and relaxing and it's bang right in the city centre.

Click the link below for their menu

http://www.savoylimerick.com/cmsFiles/lounge_menu_a4_jan_2011.pdf

Enjoy! :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Mc Love wrote: »
    La Cucina :D

Oh hell yeah!
    Proof that food is not just a greasy mess that you shovel into you to fill yourself up as if recharging a battery.
    I love the fact it's all so unapologetically Italian, they once tried to pander to the student market by offering chicken and chips, realised the error of their ways and said "this is an Italian restaurant, if you want chips, go to a chipper"
    Gotta love the Italians, food, fashion, art, architecture, automobiles, to name but a few, all done out of passion and love, rather than necessity.

Advertisement