Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IMC - charge you service for buying food!

Options
  • 20-05-2011 9:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭

IMC Cinema - Anyone noticed that if you choose to buy tickets in house they are charging 50 cent service charge!!

Then if you buy IMC popcorn or other foods you get charged another 50 cent !
    And if you are in a group and everyone buys individually, everyone gets charged 50c twice!

Crazy , didnt see any notices to this and wasn't told when buying ...no wonder the IMC cinema was practically empty!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

must have been taken over by Ryanair

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭maxer68

If the OP is correct, that is a blatant rip-off and possibly illegal as they don't mention it on the website. (they do mention online booking charge)

If there is no option to avoid the "service charge" then it should be included in the price or at least metioned every where the price is mentioned.

As for food service charge - gimme a break.

I really thought a lot of these type of blatant charges were gone for good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭redman

I know its, crazy , happy to upload pics of receipts if anyone wants to check it out!

I've written to the Irish Times , lets see if they pick it up!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,666 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

redman wrote: »
    IMC Cinema - Anyone noticed that if you choose to buy tickets in house they are charging 50 cent service charge!!

Then if you buy IMC popcorn or other foods you get charged another 50 cent !
    And if you are in a group and everyone buys individually, everyone gets charged 50c twice!

Crazy , didnt see any notices to this and wasn't told when buying ...no wonder the IMC cinema was practically empty!

Is this paying cash, or via credit card ?

paying cash!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Le_Dieux

paying cash!

Looking at this attachement, I am confused. The docket for the popcorn etc comes to a total of €13.70 take that away from 50 quid leaves You with change of €36.30, yet the docket states Your change was €27.50?? However, if the €9.30 for the ticket is added, the change should only have been €27. VERY unprofessional operation imho.

Thankfully, this is one place thats off my beating track!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

The ticket includes a service charge of .50
    so the ticket is 8.80 and .5 service charge

160252.jpg

Now I see it.

Looks like there is just a single service charge on the ticket.

1 x Nachos 5.70
    1 x slush 2.60
    1 x Popcorn 4.90
    1 x Ticket 8.80 - not on receipt
    1 x service charge 0.50

Total 22.50
    Tendered 50.00

Change 27.50

Is this possibly correct?

I really can't see them having a service charge for popcorn - it would be commercial suicide.

Can the op confirm the above figures?

I only noticed we'd all been charge when one of the others mentioned it after were in the cinema, so I can't recall the change. But all very odd.....
    but will be bringing food next time....

Their site quotes 9.30 per adult ticket, so it seems its just confusion on the way the receipt is printed rather than unexplained extra charges.

Just to be clear, the advertised price is €9.30 and it is broken down on the receipt as ticket + 50c with the total still €9.30

Therfore no longer a rip off

• Advertisement

yes maxer your right and the receipt for the food adds to the confusion as it makes it look like your charged service on the food

i can only feel bad about what I paid for the food now....€5.70 for nachos lol but that was my call

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭bcirl03

i can only feel bad about what I paid for the food now....€5.70 for nachos lol but that was my call

BYO for me when it comes to the Cinema :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

bcirl03 wrote: »
    BYO for me when it comes to the Cinema :)
    Or eat before or after, I don't get the fascination some people have with eating in cinemas, I hate hearing people munching away.

and 4.90 for a popcorn!, you could have gone to mcdonalds and for €5 got a double cheese burger, 6 chicken nuggets (with dip) and a chocolate sundae.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

rubadub wrote: »
    you could have gone to mcdonalds and for €5 got a double cheese burger, 6 chicken nuggets (with dip) and a chocolate strawberry sundae.

fyp

Advertisement