Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HL Maths Revision tips

• 20-05-2011 10:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭

Hey there , next week im going to finish the circle and that be maths done, now its time to revise it. how yous go with it ? do revision from the text book on a chapter and then go to papers and do the q on the topic ? im gonna have like 10 days to revise it , an hour and a half daily and must make the most of it. Help :eek: PLease !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Patriciamc93

Well I think papers are the way to go. Before you start to revise a topic take a sheet of paper out and write down any formulas or methods that you need for a topic ...... Which are not in the log tables. For example for algebra write down the alpha beta stuff and the x cubed - y cubed formulas. For differentiation write down the method you use to get turning points etc. Then once you have that sheet all you have to do the night before is learn the sheets and do exam papers. :D

Oh and another thing know your log tables. There are loads of people in my year who don't know them properly and don't relies how much of a help they really are!

Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 47 ShonyBoulders

When I revise parts of the maths course which I haven't revised in a while (such as the Circle), I generally use the exam papers and the marking schemes. I usually take a stab at the question with just my current knowledge but of course I don't get too far doing that. At this point I whip out the marking scheme and have a look at the various methods that they have on answering the question. I'll learn the method from that, then just write it down beside my original answer and then write a few small notes to myself to explain why I was doing each step. I find it helps me to learn, understand the maths, and remember it more.
    Of course you also have those questions (eg. Probability etc.) where the best thing to do is just do loads and loads of those questions. That's where the textbook come in handy.

Advertisement