Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Rubbish Disposal

• 20-05-2011 10:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 43

We love Ireland! We spent Dec/Jan in Southern Ireland but as we were mainly wildparking, we found disposal of rubbish a real problem!!
    Over here, there are bins everywhere so it was quite a shock to us to find that bins are a very rare species in the Republic!! :confused::confused:
    We are off again on the 1st June and would like to ask your advice before we go!! :eek:
    Have we missed something?!! :D Any suggestions as to what we could do, please?
    We will be spending equal amounts of time in the south and the north this time and as we are early retired, cannot afford to stay on a site?
    Many thanks! Ana x

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 222 ✭✭defike

Rubbish disposal is expensive in the republic I suppose its expensive everywhere but councils will not provide free bins because they want everyone to pay.That means you must bring it to a council bring center and pay.Council web sites should tell you where these centers are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 741 ✭✭✭WildWater

Yes unfortunately our councils dont like providing too many bins but I hadn't realised it was as bad as that.

Most garage forecourts will have a bin. If you are buying your diesel there then it shouldn't be a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Neonjack

Public marinas often have large bins for boat owners to dispose of their rubbish. You should have no problem using those. Just be careful not to confuse them with private moorings though.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Gypsyrose

Oh, many thanks for your help! We put a small carrier bag in a bin outside a shop in December and I couldn't understand why a woman glared at me!! (We DID shop there too...) :eek:
    Your replies were helpful and we will be more careful this time...we are visiting the Lower Bann navigation so will look for bins there (we are armed with a smart card to use facilities too!) ;) and the garage forecourts are bound to have a few visits!! Otherwise we will try the council!
    Can anyone tell me how much per litre diesel is at the moment? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 741 ✭✭✭WildWater

Saw it this evening for 1.37 but in other garages it could be as high as 1.46

Glad to hear that you are coming back to these fair parts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭the rambler

hi gypsyrose,
    welcome back to ireland,
    a list that you might find helpful,
    http://www.safenightsireland.com/environment.htm
    it has a bit of all that you may need on your trip,;)

Thanks, we are members of SNI...they do not always have bins, however and can't blame them!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 167 ✭✭sunchaser

On Friday evening I stopped for Diesel and as I was paying I asked the lady at the cask desk if I could dispose of a small bag of rubbish. I was told just pop it in the bin outside the door. Welcome back Gypsyrose. Hope you enjpy ypur stay.

Hi, there Sunchaser!! Nice to see ya again!!
    Seems that we cannot keep away from Ireland?!! Hope to meet up with you one day!!
    Yeah, we will ask when we fill up (inevitable, isn't it, lol!!) :D Ana xx

Advertisement