Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beer tasting at Revolution

• 20-05-2011 10:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

I was talking to Flash yesterday, and he's decided to do a Beer Tasting event next Friday night (May 27) in Revolution. Given the interest on the Beer Festival thread, I figured I should post it here to give people a heads up. He should be posting more details on their FB page, today, but the format will be something like blind tasting 5 beers, score sheets similar to those for a professional beer event, for marking each beer based on different criteria, then a bit of grub afterwards. (I'm not sure what he's intending to price it as.)

Should be a bit of a laugh, numbers will be limited to keep it manageable - prob about 15 for the first one - if it's successful, he is talking about running one every month, which would be really great for the beer scene in Waterford.

I'd be interested to know what people's thoughts are!

Gráinne

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

I think it's a very good idea. I might be able to make it in next Friday. Would definitely be interested in it and it'd be nice if it were to become a regular thing.

It's just a shame that the style etc of Revolution kind of clashes with this scene IMO. There are other places in town where this would fit much better but if Flash is the one willing to give it a go, fair play I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 viking2011

time will be 8pm -
    in Private Room -
    Beer Tasting & Food
    €20 pp intro offer
    lets see how it goes -
    anyone interested drop
    a mail with name and phone number
    to info@revolutionwaterford.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Do ya know how long it'll take? I'd think about giving it a go alright.

ziedth wrote: »
    Do ya know how long it'll take? I'd think about giving it a go alright.

Bout 2 Hours i think -
    then maybe hit Revolution for the new range of weird and wonderful world Beers!

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭scico rocks

I'll be there!

• Advertisement

I'll be there!

we got 8 definate and 4 maybe's for tonights Beer Tasting Class -
    anyone else game ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭banjacksed

Only registered today, missed the beer tasting, :eek:

Anyway Hi all fellow deise men and women;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 MetalmanBeers

Sorry for delay in posting this, but here's a quick write-up of the event, and the beers tasted on the night. Must do it again soon!

http://metalmanbrewing.wordpress.com/2011/05/30/beer-tasting-at-revolution/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,665 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

we should do a future boards beers at something like this ???

Advertisement