Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

looking for post and 2 rail fencing supplied and fitted?

Options
  • 20-05-2011 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭

Hi,

I`m looking to get the front garden fenced wth post and rail fencing.
    the total area is approx 55feet .I want something simple about 3 feet in height so i imagine 2 rail high is enough.

Can anyone give me a rough idea of how much this would cost?
    I`m useless at DIY so can anyone also recommend a fencing contractor in the meath area around ashbourne,ratoath etc..

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 cornflakeman

rough price to do 55feet for post and 3 rail is about 215 euro . i'd advise 3 rail - stronger than 2, looks much better at 3 foot high and smaller spaces for pets or kids to get thru. make sure to get treated timber [tanilised ] and coated screws / galvinised nails . i use 5 x 3 inch posts by 5ft high so you've 2 feet in the ground and 4x2 inch rail [nice and strong]. that price is what i charge in kilkenny area and thats going rate here . thats 13 euro per metre . can't help with contractors in your area but if you call to your local hardware they should give you some numbers of fencers. good luck;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭martin46585

the fence would be easier on the eye and to the touch if it was done with a rounded over rail, i.e. d rail for rails and 4" square posts, the 4" x 2" rails and heavier posts are fine for boundary fences, but maybe too butch for the front of a dwelling, especially at only 3ft high, so it would take:::

14 no 3.6mts drail approx 6e each 84
    9 no 1.5mts 4"x4" posts again 6e ish 54
    1 box of screws 5.0x 70 6/7e 7
    5 bags cement 5e 25
    12 bags concrete mix 3e 36
    =206.00

the amount of concrete mix being dependent on how neat/deep the holes are dug....
    for everything else there is.......mastercard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Newtown Warrior

I have used Tara Fencing (Rathfeigh) who put up fencing for me a while ago.

Advertisement