Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick tunnel this morning? 20/05/11

• 20-05-2011 11:37am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭

So what was happening there this morning coming into the tunnel from the limerick side? Accident or some kind of checkpoint?
    Around 9am.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

afaik there was a traffic collision in Shannon (might have had an affect??)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Mc Love wrote: »
    afaik there was a traffic collision in Shannon (might have had an affect??)

There was a crash in the Hurlers Cross are outbound ok. Firebrigade etc. there. I passed there inbound at around 10.10am.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

Another crash at hurlers cross? I live there, and did hear a siren this morning but thought nothing of it.
    Hard to believe it would have that much affect on the limerick side of the tunnel, though I suppose alot of the traffic using it would be going into shannon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,340 ✭✭✭✭phog

I was driving along Condell Road today, the electronic signs displaying that the tunnel was closed yet there were cars turning for the tunnel, makes you wonder how many drivers read any advance traffic signs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

phog wrote: »
    I was driving along Condell Road today, the electronic signs displaying that the tunnel was closed yet there were cars turning for the tunnel, makes you wonder how many drivers read any advance traffic signs.

Yeah saw that too coming in from Shannon on the dual-carriageway.
    Anyone know why it was closed to day? There seemed to be cars coming down the hill on the dual-carriageway as if they just came under the tunnel so maybe only one half was closed!

• Advertisement

I drove through it coming home from Galway today and it was open, but when I left the tunnel the traffic coming in was at a stand still. Then just as I hit the dock road an ambulance came towards me with its lights flashing going towards the tunnel so I assume there was a crash inside. Nothing mentioned on the radio though.

Advertisement