Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

An invitation - viewer discretion advised - photographing a world record attempt!

• 20-05-2011 11:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭

Hi folks

Another invitation to something I'm involved with. Very clearly I'm stating it's unpaid, your participation is appreciated and your images remain your own copyright and all that.

It's also very very freaky.

It's do to with the Street Performance World Championships, happening in Cork and Portlaoise this year, June 11 and 12 and Merrion Square, June 16 to 19.

Here it is.
    WORLD RECORD ATTEMPT TO LAUNCH STREET PERFORMANCE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 2011

9 time Guinness World Record Holder and 2 time Street Performance World Champion The Space Cowboy to drag a tricycle full of Where's Wally from his eye sockets!

Sunday May 29th | 1pm | Top of Grafton Street, Dublin 2

THE SPACE COWBOY TO BREAK HIS 10TH WORLD RECORD

Australian Sword-Swallower and Dare Devil performer The Space Cowboy will attempt to break the world record for the most weight dragged from the eye sockets to launch the Street Performance World Championship which takes place this June in Cork and Portlaoise (June 11th and 12th ) and in Dublin's Merrion Square (June 16th -19th).

PULL TRICYCLE FULL OF WHERE'S WALLYS WITH HIS EYE SOCKETS

To break the world record, The Space Cowboy will pull a tricycle full of people dressed as Where's Wallys across a distance of 10metres at the top of Grafton Street on Sunday May 29th at 1pm.

The weight of the tricycle and Wallys combined will total over 411kg.

Didn't I tell you it was freaky? Here's the photo of him doing it. Click only if you're not squeamish - http://twitpic.com/500nce
    The Street Performance World Championship Where's Wally World Record takes place this June and will see thousands of festival goers dressed as Wally in an attempt to become the largest gathering of Wallys ever!

WORLD'S SMALLEST STRONGMAN TO PULL SWORD FROM SPACE COWBOY'S THROAT

Standing at just 4ft tall, Goliath the World's Smallest Strongman will pull a sword from The Space Cowboy's throat as part of a sword-swallowing stunt.

Appearing for the first time ever in Europe, the World's Strongest Dwarf can lift people twice his weight over his head, bend solid metal bars and perform acrobatic feats.

STREET PERFORMANCE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP LAUNCH:

]DUBLIN 2: Top of Grafton Street, outside St.Stephen's Green Shopping Centre. Sunday May 29th, 1pm

Post below or give Shell Holden a shout at michelle@spwc.ie for more details.

Cheers

Darragh

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭trooney

Can you elaborate a bit? Is there a theme for photos? Or just post a random shot? And to what end (i.e. what, specifically, is unpaid)? Cheers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

I'd love to photograph this (in Dublin). I go in every year and there's always a great buzz around the place for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭trooney

Paulw wrote: »
    I'd love to photograph this (in Dublin). I go in every year and there's always a great buzz around the place for it.

Pix.ie ran an event in conjunction with it a couple of years back. Its def a greatly entertaining weekend and lots to get nice shots of. Certainly I'd like to be there taking some too (in Dublin). Although I'm curious as to whether this will allow extra access? (not sure how though, as its pretty much a street event open to all anyhoo).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭EyeBlinks

I'd like to be involved as well, if possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

I photographed the event a few years back, well brought the kids and camera, great craic asnd would recommend to anyone who has the time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

trooney wrote: »
    Although I'm curious as to whether this will allow extra access? (not sure how though, as its pretty much a street event open to all anyhoo).

I'm curious about this too. Very interested in participating, just wondering what the difference is between declaring your participation here or wandering in off the street.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭WillyWonka

Confused.com... where does the photography come into it?

Which event is it actually for? Just Dublin or Cork and Portlaoise too?

Appreciate the effort you're making with this invitations Darragh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 shell.holden

Hi all,

We are holding a photocall to launch the Street Performance World Championship on Sunday May 29th at 1pm at the top of Grafton Street.

The Space Cowboy will be performing a world record attempt to launch the festival.

I will be disseminating a photocall notice mid next week, anyone interested in attending send your email address to michelle@spwc.ie and I will send you the notice next week.

Shell

Advertisement