Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Maternal limousin bulls

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭limo_100

pakalasa wrote: »
    Have you many heifers from him? His Maternal Calving figures are incredible, well into the top 1% so they should be able to calve elephants. I have a few in calf to him at the moment, so fingers crossed.

One heifer and one bull. The heifer is nice quality well made but not very tall. The bull is a very feminine calf if ya no what i mean :o nice quality long and tall.
    I also have one due before Christmas. And i will be using him again but ill be hoping for heifer calves. and by the pak ul be glad to no hes easy calved :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭limo_100

RobinBanks wrote: »
    I only have 1 FL21 calf but I wouldnt be of the same opinion as you. My one is a bull out of a BYU heifer. Very tall calf but no shape. Cow has very little milk but I would have thought that the blue cross would have brought a bit of shape. He wont be an export type weanling but he will turn into a fair bullock. So based on my experience I am not sure if i will use him again.

My bull calf is similar. I think if you use him again and you get heifer calves you'll be much happier. If i was in your position thought with a good BYU heifer i would probably be very disappointed to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 jimskoda

has anyone used simmental huz on heifers? or bzb ? what is best lim for maternal and docility to use on heifers. finally any suggestions for fr x sim heifers and fr x he heifers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,078 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

BZB might be a good bet for the SIxFR heifers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭johnpawl

jimskoda wrote: »
    has anyone used simmental huz on heifers? or bzb ? what is best lim for maternal and docility to use on heifers. finally any suggestions for fr x sim heifers and fr x he heifers

I used bzb this year, but on cows not heifers. Found him very easy calved, with no restricted feeding.

Advertisement