Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carping in Athlone

Options
  • 20-05-2011 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Howdy folks.

Managed to get myself a job in Athlone. I know the place is great right beside loch Ree but is there anywhere near by where i can fish for carp.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

Hi,
    There are no carp lakes around athone, you will have to travel to mullingar or rooskey. Also think there is a place in laois. The shannon in lanesborough contains a few carp, but very few. There is another carp lake in maynooth, this is a proper big fish carp lake, the others are match style lakes. Very hard fishing for very big carp! never fished it, walked around the carp lake once, looks nice. http://www.maynoothfisheries.com/

il pm you the number of the mullingar lake if you want?

http://www.carpfishingireland.com/ this might be a help to find other lakes

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

Maybe Gaulmoylestown.
    Ballinafid.
    Lakelands to the north (Roosky)

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭bayliner

2 mates of mine fish rooskey a good bit, its a new fishery i believe.... they have posted pics of fish on facebook

• Registered Users Posts: 49 dace11

bayliner wrote: »
    2 mates of mine fish rooskey a good bit, its a new fishery i believe.... they have posted pics of fish on facebook

Anything big?

@frankcarty

Yeah man pm that number onto me. Im also a big tench fan. Im a bit unsure on how to fish for tench in larger lakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭bayliner

dace11 wrote: »
    Anything big?
    not really, mirrors, roughly 3-4 lbs.... all i have seen them with so far anyway,:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

pm on your way.

lanesborough is good for tench :)

Advertisement