Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get to Ballincollig Castle

Options
  • 20-05-2011 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭

Hello

Just pondering as per usual, would anyone know how you get to Ballincollig Caslte. You can see it from the road and I spotted a drive but I dont have a notion where you get onto the drive...Would anyone know how Id manage it.

thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

mm Thank you for the links, so many intersting places in Ballincollig...I still cant manage to figure it out though how to get up to the castle I presume tis going to be walking through a few fields...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Viper_JB

It's hard to explain, lol I always found the best way is to park just near the entrance of the estate just behind muskerry est. then walk down the road a bit, left as your coming out of that estate then around 200 meters up the road you can clamber over a gate on the LHS of the road, lot of trash and stuff behind it, shouldn't be too hard to find, awkward to get over at times though, then it's a walk through 2 fields or so to the castle. It's a good spot to see if you've never been.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭rorrissey

It can't be that hard, loads of knackers go drinking up there at the weekend.

rorrissey wrote: »
    It can't be that hard, loads of knackers go drinking up there at the weekend.

It's not really hard as such...but trust me that's the easiest way of getting there, it's not public land afaik, knackers have been known to go through great lenghts in order to avoid the garda.

• Advertisement

Ahhh the puzzle has been solved thank you viper .. I shall start planning out trip, I never knew it was there until fairly recently and love visiting old castle and such...Thanks for all yer help again...Tally Hoe:D

No problem milly, look for the green fencing the entrance is just after that :)

Oh we found it thanks a million. Really nice spot to go visit, it is such a shame though the mess people leave behind them all the broken glass and cans everywhere...It seems like the farmer who owns the lands doesnt mind people going to see it as there is a gap made in the fences so to ruin the site with rubbish is bad form...

Milly33 wrote: »
    Oh we found it thanks a million. Really nice spot to go visit, it is such a shame though the mess people leave behind them all the broken glass and cans everywhere...It seems like the farmer who owns the lands doesnt mind people going to see it as there is a gap made in the fences so to ruin the site with rubbish is bad form...

Ya there's a lot of knackers go up there drinking, it's a really nice spot, you can see so much of Ballincollig from the top of the castle if you're brave enough to climb to the top of the wall on the top floor.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭discostu1

I never knew it was there until fairly recently and love visiting old castle and such...Thanks for all yer help again...Tally Hoebiggrin.gif

If that is your thing have a look at this website
    www.abandonedireland.com fair few around the Cork area

• Advertisement

discostu1 wrote: »
    If that is your thing have a look at this website
    www.abandonedireland.com fair few around the Cork area

Great site thanks!

Advertisement