Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelled Eircom

Options
  • 20-05-2011 12:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭

cancelled Eircom broadband within the time limit,however received a bill for 41euro today yet I am not connected to broadband although am connected by service connection.Have emails to confirm it will be cancelled within 2 working days with reference no: however after receiving this bill got on to all the departments and finally told to go to complaints dept.Eircom say have no record of me cancelling either by phone or email though have emails comfirming I cancelled.Another thing guy on phone who talked me into signing up NEVER mentioned an advance payment:mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Bettyboop wrote: »
    cancelled Eircom broadband within the time limit,however received a bill for 41euro today yet I am not connected to broadband although am connected by service connection.Have emails to confirm it will be cancelled within 2 working days with reference no: however after receiving this bill got on to all the departments and finally told to go to complaints dept.Eircom say have no record of me cancelling either by phone or email though have emails comfirming I cancelled.Another thing guy on phone who talked me into signing up NEVER mentioned an advance payment:mad:

Hi Bettyboop
    sorry to hear this. If you PM me your tel. no I can look into this for you and should be able to clarify.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Bettyboop

Hi Bettyboop
    sorry to hear this. If you PM me your tel. no I can look into this for you and should be able to clarify.
    Tony

pmed Tony

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 MirchMasala

Hi tony,

should the modem be returned on cancellation of eircom broadband? if not, can i use the eircom modem in another country? (Modem is Zyxel P660)

Hi tony,

should the modem be returned on cancellation of eircom broadband? if not, can i use the eircom modem in another country? (Modem is Zyxel P660)

Hi MirchMasala
    if it has not been suggested to you that this will be collected or that you should return modem than no need to do so.
    Though I cannot promises this , your modem should function in other countries, you will have to change settings obviously. :o
    Hope this helps
    Tony

pmed Tony

any update on this Tony/
    Thanks

• Advertisement

Received the modem today :mad:cant understand why Eircom dont want to see the emails I received from them confirming I cancelled my order within the given time.I was put onto tech support sales accounts and then told t go to complaints Dept.All swings and roundabouts imo modem has been returned to Eircom who should receive it tomorrow.

Received the modem today :mad:cant understand why Eircom dont want to see the emails I received from them confirming I cancelled my order within the given time.I was put onto tech support sales accounts and then told t go to complaints Dept.All swings and roundabouts imo modem has been returned to Eircom who should receive it tomorrow.

Hi Bettyboop
    Would you be able to forward the emails to me and I can chase for you.
    Any information you can provide would help me resolved this for you. When did you order Broadband, when was it provided and when did you first ask to have a/c closed.
    Thanks
    Tony

Hi Bettyboop
    Would you be able to forward the emails to me and I can chase for you.
    Any information you can provide would help me resolved this for you. When did you order Broadband, when was it provided and when did you first ask to have a/c closed.
    Thanks
    Tony

sent you emails
    contract was taken out on the 18th April and cancelled by phone and emails on the 21st-24th April have not received broadband,they say I am connected to them by line but not broadband as yet,
    Thanks Tony

just an update for you Tony! been onto Eircom after struggling with 1 mg broaband :mad:supervisior said they have no log of my call to cancel so put me onto complaints dept who say they will investigate this issue.However I rang vodafone to reinstate me as a customer and because of all this mess I have to wait 15 days for my BB. Cant understand why Eircom wont fast track for me to cancel! Going to contact comcumer affairs and see if they can resolve this for me as I am been giving the run around with a 41euro bill to top it all.
    PS passed on emails to ccm@eircom.ie too.:)
    been onto every available Dept with Eircom :rolleyes:

Contacted comreg just now and am awaiting reply from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Hennybug

Should I have gotten an email to confirm my email to cancel? I asked for confirmation but got none :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Hennybug wrote: »
    Should I have gotten an email to confirm my email to cancel? I asked for confirmation but got none :confused:

Hi Hennybug,

Yes you should have received a confirmation of recipt of the e-mail from cancellations.

Can you PM your tel no and the e-mail address you sent t he cancellation of service request to.

Thanks, Mark

Hi Hennybug,

Yes you should have received a confirmation of recipt of the e-mail from cancellations.

Can you PM your tel no and the e-mail address you sent t he cancellation of service request to.

Thanks, Mark

I have 2 emails confirming cancellation but a few days later they changed my line despite this:mad: Didnt give me time to change my mind:mad:Now in a mess trying to reinstate my broadband.And they can sing for the bill from the 16th may -15th june which I received appalling way to treat people imo:mad:

I have 2 emails confirming cancellation but a few days later they changed my line despite this:mad: Didnt give me time to change my mind:mad:Now in a mess trying to reinstate my broadband.And they can sing for the bill from the 16th may -15th june which I received appalling way to treat people imo:mad:

Hi Bettyboop
    I have tried to call you but no answer, could you PM me mobile or contact no. Unfortunately the emails you forwarded to me are not cancellation emails but indications of how to cancel, however they do show your intention to cancel at the dtaes you stated and I can arrange that you not be charges early cancellation fee.
    The line was changed over due to your own request to do so and is the process when leaving one provider for another, unfortunately you changed your mind during this process.
    I should be able to resolve billing issue also. DM me a good contact no and I will call you immed.
    Tony

A BIG thank you to Tony :D
    Who sorted all this out for me today
    Much appreciated:)
    Now a happy bunny;)

Advertisement