Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London southend airport to wembley

Options
  • 20-05-2011 1:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭

I will be going over to london next saturday for the big match and I was wondering whats the cheapest way of going from London southend airport to wembley, I have tried figuring it out myself but its so daunting and complex with the tube, the train station ,buses ,taxis etc, can someone just outline and clear route for me, not going to wembley stadium going to a pub called the green man near it,thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

I will be going over to london next saturday for the big match and I was wondering whats the cheapest way of going from London southend airport to wembley, I have tried figuring it out myself but its so daunting and complex with the tube, the train station ,buses ,taxis etc, can someone just outline and clear route for me, not going to wembley stadium going to a pub called the green man near it,thanks

Take the train from the airport to Straford, get on the London Overground going to Richmond/Clapham Junction, switch to either the other overground line [going to Watford Junction] or the Bakerloo at Wilesden Junction and that will take you to Wembley.

Or take the train from the airport to Liverpool St Station then central line to Bond St and switch to Jubliee to Wembley.

Overgrounnd option could take a little longer but will avoid central London and the interchanges are easier plus it's a much nicer ride as you'll be above ground and can see the new Olympic park outside of Straford.

Best to double check on the Thursday before you go on the tfl website to see if there are any line closures that effect either route.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

As before. Remember tho, that there's a little shuttle bus to bring people from South End to Rochford Station; it is from there you'll hop on the train to Stratford.

In my opinion your two options would be:

1) Stay on the Central Line to Bond Street, then hop on the Jubilee to Wembley

2) St Stratford, get on the Overground train, get off at West hampstead and then onto the West hampstead tube headed to Wembley.. the stations are right across the road form each other..

Same time either way, about an hour's commute.

Remember also that there is an Airshow on Sat in South End which may cause congestion (just got an email as flying out) and also if you fly back that weekend there are changes on the East Anglia line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Dum_Dum

The simplest and quickest route is to take the mainline train to Liverpool Street from Rochford and change onto the Metropolitan Line (westbound) to Wembley Park. See the indicators on the westbound Circle/Met/Hammersmith City platform at Liverpool Street to (1) make sure it is a Metropolitan line train and (2) it stops at Wembley Park.

Advertisement