Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donegal Town to Blanchardstown

Options
  • 20-05-2011 1:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭

Hi

I was wondering could anyone advise on the best way to get to Donegal Town to Blanchardstown in Dublin via public transport?

I know Bus Eireann stops at Busaras which is a bit away from Blanchardstown.

Any advice would be great?

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Hi

I was wondering could anyone advise on the best way to get to Donegal Town to Blanchardstown in Dublin via public transport?

Cheers

To be honest that is your best bet. Bus to Busaras and then walk to Connolly station and get the train to Castleknock, its a short walk from castleknock to blanch. I'm sure there is Dublin bus routes too that go that way. Or just get a taxi from Busaras less hassle!

I dont know of any buses that go direct to Blanch from Donegal anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭henke

To be honest that is your best bet. Bus to Busaras and then walk to Connolly station and get the train to Castleknock, its a short walk from castleknock to blanch. I'm sure there is Dublin bus routes too that go that way. Or just get a taxi from Busaras less hassle!

I dont know of any buses that go direct to Blanch from Donegal anyways.
    Thanks, Yeah was thinking a taxi might be the best bet. Its a job interview I have to go for in Blanch so definitely not something I want to be late for.

Would you estimate it would take long on a taxi or bus from Busaras to Blanch? I would imagine a taxi would be expensive and with the Bus Eireann fares too it will be an expensive trip but sure it could turn out to be worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭heffomike54

Thanks, Yeah was thinking a taxi might be the best bet. Its a job interview I have to go for in Blanch so definitely not something I want to be late for.

Would you estimate it would take long on a taxi or bus from Busaras to Blanch? I would imagine a taxi would be expensive and with the Bus Eireann fares too it will be an expensive trip but sure it could turn out to be worth it.

Depends what time you get to Busaras as to how long a bus or taxi would take to get you to Blanch. The trains out towards Blanch are very quick, might be worth another look IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Depends what time you get to Busaras as to how long a bus or taxi would take to get you to Blanch. The trains out towards Blanch are very quick, might be worth another look IMO.

I've moved this to the Dublin City forum, they will know better :)

I assume a train would be much more affordable would it?

Realistically how long should I allow for from the time I arrive in Busaras to get to Blanch?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭mvt

Blanchardstown is a big area.Allow at least two hours to get from busaras to your destination.
    Google where the interview is and see if it is walkable from the train station.The train would be most reliable,time wise.
    Good luck with the interview,don't forget to emphasize the effort you have made to attend it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Whereabouts in Blanchardstown are you going? It may have an impact on the mode of transport you should use...

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Wudyaquit

A taxi from bus aras shouldn't cost much above 20 - you could definitely ask a driver to drop you to Blanch and agree 20 from the outset.
    There are a good few buses from O Connell st, but for a job interview you probably don't need the stress if you can afford a taxi at all. The train drops about a 15 minute walk from Ebay / Quinn Direct. If it's IBM or somewhere in Damastown, definitely take a taxi.

Some buses from Donegal will drop you at the halfway house if they're not going by the airport - from there a taxi shouldn't be much more than a tenner.

mvt wrote: »
    Blanchardstown is a big area.Allow at least two hours to get from busaras to your destination.
    Google where the interview is and see if it is walkable from the train station.The train would be most reliable,time wise.
    Good luck with the interview,don't forget to emphasize the effort you have made to attend it :)
    Really two hours? Looking at the DART website the train takes 15 mins but I'm not that familiar with Dublin or the train so I don't know.

According to Google its 4km from Castleknock station so would be a bit of a walk now. I assume there would be a taxi rank at Castleknock station to get where I am going to, since I wouldn't really know where I am walking too.

Thanks, I will be sure to mention that :).

• Registered Users Posts: 17,744 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Bus Eireann route 30 serves Dublin Airport from where you can catch a URBUS to Blanchardstown.

See www.urbus.ie

Also note that the Bus Eireann timetable on route 30 is changing on May 29th.
    New timetable is here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Young_gunner

Hi

Cheers

The Donegal bus to Dublin goes via the M3 (which Blanchardstown is just off) so just ask the driver to get off at Blanche. I've been on that bus many times and loads of people do it. Simple as !

• Registered Users Posts: 17,744 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

The Donegal bus to Dublin goes via the M3 (which Blanchardstown is just off) so just ask the driver to get off at Blanche. I've been on that bus many times and loads of people do it. Simple as !

As per above it is now going via Dublin Airport so will not be passing Blanchardstown.

Second option is Route 30 to Virginia and then route 109 to Blanchardstown bypass.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭sambora

If you're getting the bus to Busaras, just walk to the Quays and get the 39 or 39a....depending on whether or not you want to go to Blanch Village. 39a will not go through the village

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Bus Eireann, Feda ODonnell to Sligo, Train to Maynooth Dart to CastleKnock,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Vic_08

And the answer will most likely be NO.

Route 30 runs non-stop from Virginia to Dublin Airport. It goes past Blanch on the N/M3 but there is no stopping place there.

As already posted anyone on the 30 wanting to go to Blanchardstown should change at Cavan or Virginia onto the 109 service which does have a drop-off at Blanchardstown. This is a request stop, if not requested in good time the bus will not leave the N3 and you will not be allowed off. The next official stop for the 109 is Ashtown-Halfway House.

One ticket to Dublin along with an explanation to the driver of the 109 that you are switching from the 30 as you want to get off at Blanch is acceptable, there is no need to buy a second ticket.

Depending on where in Blanch the OP wants it may be preferable to get off at Ashtown for a local bus connection.

Advertisement