Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

heli help

Options
  • 20-05-2011 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭

hi all my raptor 30 is wagging like mad now changed the fearthing shaft and main shaft that were bent the tail servo is a futaba 9254 and a gy401 the servo is jittering i pluged it out of the gyro and into the rx still jittering and every 10 seconds or so it junps back and over around 3mm would this cause the wagging as i think servo should stay still and in a hover its going like mad jittering its running on lipo and needle valve is out a turn and a half running on 20% it is a os 30 engine thanks all

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭syl77

Is the tail servo twitching when you have the heli sitting still on the bench, if so your tail servo could be on the way out or was damaged some way - was the heli recently crashed. Also, you say you are using a lipo, are you also using a regulator and step down?

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭peter bermingham

yes twitching when sitting on bench have a regulator as well the align one yes it was crashed the lad i bought it of crashed it

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

Time for a new servo, or receiver, or crystal (if there is one).

Put a good servo plug into the tail servo socket of the receiver. If the problem does not appear in the new servo, the original tail servo is kaput.
    If the jittering appears in the healthy servo, you are a channel down in your receiver.

coolwings thanks of now to try that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Sounds like the servo is gone alright, you can try it direct into a different channel other than the rudder on the receiver also, and see how it is. If its the same then its likely the servo, especially if the receiver is operating the other servos ok.

A twitching tail servo will have the tail wagging badly, each time it twitches, the gyro will correct it the other way.

• Advertisement

lads thanks did what ye said and yes its the servo thats gone that was a great help thanks

Advertisement