Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In search of two new phones and internet provider

Options
  • 20-05-2011 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I need to update my partner’s phone, my phone and our internet provider.

I am presently on 3 "best of (or worst of) both" paying €30 a month +/-€10 top up.

My partner is with O2 prepay spending about €20 a month.

We have internet through O2 bill €19 a month, but only able to connect one computer at a time as it’s an old dongle.

I require Skype on my phone for my NZ family to be able to contact me any time without me dragging the Computer around the country side with me! I would be inclined to use the phone anytime of day for text and calls but would be a kind of low user, would probably use it more during the week than weekend. Often work away from home so would make evening week day calls to the Other Half. I would like the option of a free internet email account (like O2 use to offer) as I cannot access hotmail or Gmail from work, but I am not willing to pay extra for it. I also would not turn down FREE internet on the phone, but it’s not a priority like SKYPE is.

The other half uses the phone for calls and texts. Other than the odd call to me during the day they would mainly make calls over the weekend or during evenings. They would send an about 5-10 texts a day.

We are not too bothered about what the phones look like, or who makes them. I have a Nokia 5230 the other half has a Nokia 5310 XpressMusic Phone. We would like Wi-Fi for connecting to internet when updating etc.

We are looking for an internet connection for around the price we are paying but would like one that is wireless enabled so that we can connect two computers at a time.

Any suggestions on Phones Networks Providers etc?

Thanks
    KP

Advertisement