Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greyhound - Lurchers strayed in Bluebell, Dublin

• 20-05-2011 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm in work in Bluebell and three Lurcher-type dogs ran past me in the industrial estate/cul-de-sac here. They appear to be strayed. They have collars, appear docile enough (but I can't be sure) and are just wandering aimlessly. I am concerned about them and rang the DSPCA (waste of time) then the Dog Warden with whom I left a message. I'll ring again after lunch.

After typing that I'm not sure why I did. Perhaps if anyone is in the area, knows or has seen them or and/or can do anything about it. The estate runs onto the Killeen Road which carries heavy traffic. There is a freight company here so there are a lot of HGV's.

I've just looked again to see if I could get a pic but i can't find them.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Fastfuse - any luck with seeing them after? You probably wont be in work again until monday, but please do update us.

What did the DSPCA say?

All I can suggest is you contact as many rescues as you can tomorrow, tell them the situation and ask if they have space, if you can manage to catch the dogs. Or better yet, if they are close by, can you ring them if the dogs are about on Monday to come catch them.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭FastFuse

Hi Whispered,

I got through to the DSPCA switch (After countless calls) because the option that sends you through to the section regarding a 'lost dog' was not being answered and gave no mesage option . Got a 'we don't do that' type response from the girl and was told to call the Dog Warden, which I had done and had left a descriptive message and contact details. I was leaving work at 3.30ish but they were not around. I rang and rang the Dog Warden to try to speak to an actual person to see if the message was picked up and acted upon. Got through and reiterated the message and asked her was it picked up and the reply was 'I'm not sure I was on my lunch, but I'll ask and as soon as a van is available we'll look into it'. I am not confident.

I called Dogsaid who don't pick up dogs, just shelter & re-home them.

They looked a bit beyond my ability to catch in honesty. Though with others I'd be willing to give it a go if I see them again. Nobody in my own job or in the adjoining premises seemed too pushed about their welfare or the possible dangers posed to them or others. :(

I walked through Ballyfermot on my way to an appointment and kept an eye out but if they left the estate (looks likely they did) then they either went in the other direction towards the Nangor road or into JFK (numerous possible and dangerous routes) or they made their way up or down the grand canal.

I am concerned but I am not sure they'll be back. The estate is quite open with one way in but numerous gaps through the railings that they could get through onto the canal. I'll keep my eyes open.

It wasn't traumatic but I am saddened by the incident.

If I was to say who I think abandoned them then I would have pavee point martyrs onto me.

Advertisement