Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sufjan Stevens, QOTSA, Manics, Bruno Mars etc

• 20-05-2011 2:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 156 ✭✭

Hey all,

Not posted here in a while. I thought this might be interesting for those whom are into Gig photography.

I have being lucky enough to shoots a good number of gigs recently, a collection of which can be seen here:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/peterneill/collections/72157626150898095/
    I had some help from people on here and other forums in the long process of getting to the stage where I was able to get passes to shoot, so if anyone here is into this kind of thing, feel free to DM me if you want any advice...

Cheers

Pete

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

Just had a quick peek. Awesome stuff!

Would like to be there someday, really don't have the gear for it but i'll get there

You used a 5D? What lens (lenses) did you use? some of the action shots are very clear and crisp in what are very difficult lighting conditions!

Fair play!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

shots are fantastic - but your post processing makes them better in terms of photography.

for me personally I'd love to be allowed to use that much post processing - unfortunately in reportage work images are pretty much direct from camera to laptop to picturedesk - slight tweaking allowed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 156 ✭✭gizzymo

Hey :)

I generally shoot with a 50mm 1.4 or the 85mm 1.5. I also have a sigma 15mm 2.8 which I use for superwides.

Yes I shoot with the 5d2, I love the sheer image quality and its a fairly tough body and the low light performance is fantastic.

Pc Photo, I do enjoy the post processing all right, I guess its a bridge area between photography and other forms of visual artwork

cheers

Pete

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭mehfesto

You working for MCD now Pete? If not how did you get into QOTSA?! Heard they were very difficult to arrange a pass for!

You know where I stand on your work though - I think it's exceptionally good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 156 ✭✭gizzymo

Thanks mehfesto!

I am shooting for MCD but generally I get to keep copyright on the images which is great. I supply pics to them for free, but it helps me build up portfolio while I hopefully wait for an opportunity to tour with a band or something like that...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

some nice shots of the queens gig, but i really dont like having to turn my head to look at a photo

Advertisement