Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motivation Clinic Diet Diary

Options
  • 20-05-2011 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hi all, I have decided to post up a diary for anyone interested in the motivation clinic diet. I did alot of research before i started this diet and read all the posts on here- the good and the bad, but no one fully explained what you had to do during the diet so here goes...
    I currently weigh 14st 7lbs and I am 5'7, aged 29.

Today is day 1, I went to clinic yesterday and was pleasantly surprised by the experience. I had to fill out my details etc first- then i filled out a questionaire on a computer- about 50-100 questions, told me my mental weight was 20st 8lbs- basicially if i dont change my eating habits I will eventually weigh this- aaaghhh! But Im not sure how they came up with this number... but the counsellor didnt go on about it. So then they gave me a selection fo the protein supplements to taste- all vile i have to say but i dont have a sweet tooth.

Then i met with my counsellor (dont know if thats what they are called but il use it), she was very nice, went through whats expected- listen to cd everyday and read book everyday. fill out the food journal, and take the supplements, she recommended buying 1 other book €25 and 1 other cd €35 during the course but this is optional, the supplements are mandatory- €30 per week. she took my height, weight, blood pressure, fat and water ratio, and before pics- cant wait for the after!!! she said my goal weight would be 12st after 20week course- so lose 2st 7lbs in 20 weeks.

so then payment, you could pay 75 for initial consultation and then 2 payments of 270 on week 1 and week 5. Or you can pay in full on day 1 for 635 and recieve a book and a cd included and get 4 extra weeks free on top of 20week course- i decided for this one, and also 30 for my week supply of protein- i bought the crisp style ones- bbq and sour cream flavour- loads to choose from but mostly sweet and i hate sweet things. they had chicken soup, jellies, lots of bars, cereal, drinks.

I got a big folder with a from to fill out every week- not alot would just take a minute. There was a list of foods that you cannot touch during the course; :(
    avocado
    butter
    margarine
    cream cheese
    cream
    gravy
    mayo even low fat
    nuts, almonds, seeds
    olives
    olive oil
    peanut butter
    salad dressing even low cal
    sour cream
    vegetable oil

There are restricted veg- only allowed 1/2 cup per day (usa measuring cup);
    artichokes
    beetroot
    brussels sprouts
    carrots
    green peas
    leeks
    mix veg
    onions
    yellow peppers
    pumpkin
    squash
    tomato juice
    turnips
    veg soup
    water chesnuts

all other veg are free- so u can eat as much as u want with your meals.

3 servings of fruit per day but no more than 3 bananas per week.

2 units of alcohol per week :mad:

1/2 cup milk per day

1 low fat yoghurt per day

2 carbs per day- 1 carb is
    1 normal slice bread,
    2 mccambridge brown bread,
    2 low fat bread,
    1 wrap- any size,
    1 small potato,
    1 weetabix,
    1/3 cup brown rice,
    1/2 cup pasta
    3/4 cup cereal

4-7oz of protein per day
    3 or 4 eggs per week
    salmon max 1 per week
    pork max 1 per week
    red meat 2 per week
    fish 2 per week
    poultry 3 per week

Take a multivitamin and a calcium and b vitamin.

She said they dont recommend calorie counting just eat whats on your plan, but i made it out and its between 900 and 1200 cals per day excluding 2 protein snacks which are 120 each. This is not a starvation diest like I was lead to believe- its actually not too hard esp if u like fruit and veg.

DAY 1

BREAKFAST
    1 weetabix
    1/2 cup low fat milk
    125ml pineapple juice
    (was supposed to eat 1/2 a yoghurt but didnt have any)

SNACK
    protein crisps

LUNCH
    garlic and coriander wrap, with 3 oz chicken, loads lettuce, tomato, cucumber, scallions, 1 low fat cheese triangle spread, 1tbsp ballymaloe relish.

SNACK
    protein crisps

6pm
    DINNER
    4 oz beef, stirfry veg, 1/3 cup brown rice

8pm
    SNACK
    fruit and 1/2 yoghurt

so you must eat protein with every meal- this is because you are losing weight quickly. protein stops your muscle from wasting away so just the fat goes.

I chose the food times and when i wanted to eat my 2 carbs and the fruit and yoghurt etc, she was very flexible.

Its now 2.20 and Iv stuck to the diet except for missing yoghurt in morning, the wrap was great at lunch- really filled me but i was hungry by the time lunch came around- but its def doable!! oh ya about exercise- she didnt go into this much- a bit disappointing- she said try and walk 20mins a day. i go to the gym at least 3hrs a week so she said thats great and il up it if i have time.

Im hoping to post up here everyday but i have a small baby so wont promise that- but def every couple of days. any questions just ask and il try and help or ask at my next session- im hoping sharing this with others will motivate me to keep at it because today is day one but this is 24 weeks and then beyond...

and please try and avoid the negativity- its a scam and they ripped you off- i went into this with my eyes open and was willing to pay the money for it so for me its not a rip off! so its one day at a time from here on in... good luck to anyone else who wants to give it a shot :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

sorry wildflower, keeping Food Diaries is no longer allowed in the Nutrition and Diet forum.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement