Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deleted posts-reason wanted.

Options
  • 20-05-2011 2:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭

Licksy has been summarily deleting my posts on the golfing forum. I have asked 3 times for a reason and have not received one.

This blatant abuse of power on matters so trivial is endemic of the modern day moderator and a total turnoff for old, new, returning and passing through posters.

The the lack of response from head deleter-in-chief is typical of the attitude that permeates through the young mods here.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Moved from DRP, since this isn't about a ban or infraction.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Can you provide links to threads in question where your posts have been deleted?

The only deleted posts of yours I can see are from the Banking forum.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭thelongfellow

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    Can you provide links to threads in question where your posts have been deleted?

The only deleted posts of yours I can see are from the Banking forum.

Thanks.

Ah for God sake-you were the one deleting my posts on the Banking forum. I vowed never to return there and have no intention changing my mind on that issue.

I did rediscover my long lost love of all things golf related after a period away from the game. This is my latest deleted post

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056243972&page=3

I would prefer someone else look at this as you, Tom Dunne, as in no position to be objective.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Ah for God sake-you were the one deleting my posts on the Banking forum. I vowed never to return there and have no intention changing my mind on that issue.

I can assure you I did nothing of the sort. It is extremely rare for an Admin to interfere in the running of a forum. The post in question was deleted by BuffyBot.

So this abuse of power revolves around one post? In a locked thread? Seriously, have you got an actual valid complaint or are you just intent on wasting our time?
    I would prefer someone else look at this as you, Tom Dunne, as in no position to be objective.

You are not in a position to make demands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭thelongfellow

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    I can assure you I did nothing of the sort. It is extremely rare for an Admin to interfere in the running of a forum. The post in question was deleted by BuffyBot.

So this abuse of power revolves around one post? In a locked thread? Seriously, have you got an actual valid complaint or are you just intent on wasting our time?

You are not in a position to make demands.

Thread locked after the fact. Post deleted-no reason given.

Hard to find deleted other posts when they are deleted off my stats-this was most recent example.

Stating a preference is not a demand. If you feel you time is being wasted then have someone else look at it. If a reason was gave at time of deletion then this could have been avoided.

I'd like to be a more constructive member of boards.ie and my recent, self-imposed hiatus which has given me a new lease of life.

If I could get a reason for this most recent deleted post (that was posted when the thread was open and still relevant) then I will be on my way to post another day.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement