Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Pizza in Dublin 6/6W/8/12 or around?

Options
  • 20-05-2011 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭

Hello!

I'm getting pizza for dinner tonight but I want a really nice one. I find Dominos and Apache and those chains a bit blah. Don Mimi's on North Strand do amazing pizza but they don't deliver as far as Dublin 12, unfortunately, and if I went to collect it, it'd be freezing by the time I got it home. Can someone recommend something to that standard in the Dublin 6/6W/8/12 area, or thereabouts? Even if they don't deliver, I can collect.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭temply

cosmic wrote: »
    Hello!

I'm getting pizza for dinner tonight but I want a really nice one. I find Dominos and Apache and those chains a bit blah. Don Mimi's on North Strand do amazing pizza but they don't deliver as far as Dublin 12, unfortunately, and if I went to collect it, it'd be freezing by the time I got it home. Can someone recommend something to that standard in the Dublin 6/6W/8/12 area, or thereabouts? Even if they don't deliver, I can collect.

Thanks!

Base in Ternenure, Credo just off Harcourt Street, or Hell on Camden Street

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

temply wrote: »
    Base in Ternenure, Credo just off Harcourt Street, or Hell on Camden Street

Oh great, thanks! I'm not mad on Hell. But I've actually been wanting to try Base and Credo for a while now but completely forgot about them!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

Extreme pizza in Rathmines is lovely but it'd don't come cheap.

Made a great custom pizza there before on a wholemeal spelt base with Hummus sauce, roast chicken and chopped basil. T'was outstanding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Credo is awesome and gluten free :)

I've tried Base in Terenure, wasn't impressed. Much prefer it from Mario's (Italian restaurant across the road from it). Plus they do 2 for 1! Pick-up only though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭The Clown Man

Marios in Ranelagh is very good or if you are closer to rathmines, manifesto do some of the best pizzas in dublin. I think they do take-out but I've only ever eaten in. In fact, go there if you can get a table!

You are 6 months too late for Bianconi's which did delivery and left a hole in my life when it closed. :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

manifesto do some of the best pizzas in dublin...In fact, go there if you can get a table!

You are 6 months too late for Bianconi's which did delivery and left a hole in my life when it closed. :-(

Couldn't agree with you more. Manifesto is fantastic and great service. They must do takeaway as I've seen him filling pizza boxes.

Bianconi's was amazing, loved La Forza!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Extreme pizza in Rathmines is lovely but it'd don't come cheap.

Made a great custom pizza there before on a wholemeal spelt base with Hummus sauce, roast chicken and chopped basil. T'was outstanding.

Thats a Burrito Bar now, a car drove through the restaurant.... Pity, that place was awesome...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Korvanica wrote: »
    Thats a Burrito Bar now
    The front section was converted to a Burrito Bar before the rest of it closed. It looks like it's being renovated, though.

Agreed: great pizza, great beer.

Mmm, Manifesto looks good!

I forgot about Marios in Terenure too. I've never had their pizza but the pasta dishes are so so good.

Lots of choices now!

Thanks all!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Steps of Rome.

...so what'd you go for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Jehuty42

When I lived there I always went for delivery from Fish Bar on Sundrive Road. Cheapest pizza around and extremely edible.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Dublin_Bud

BeerNut wrote: »
    The front section was converted to a Burrito Bar before the rest of it closed. It looks like it's being renovated, though.

Agreed: great pizza, great beer.

Thats what's happening. The owner opened up the burrito bar which took a lot of Extreme's regulars so he decided to "rebrand" the main restaurant in an effort to relaunch the company.

Won't be Extreme Pizza anymore, but "Pip's Place" - have no idea what the menu will be like though....

Shame as I personally thought they were on to something good with the pizzas (except the prices!!) Have a funny feeling that when the new place opens, the burrito bar will go down the tubes....

Dónal wrote: »
    ...so what'd you go for?

We couldn't decide between us (this happens a lot!) so we made our own. It was NOM!

Advertisement