Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

swollen helix

Options
  • 20-05-2011 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭

i got my helix peirced last wednesday and it was grand and had no swelling or pain until tuesday night. i taught it was just abit sore after maybe no noticing banging it off something at training but now its after swelling a bit. i'm cleaning it with savlon spray frequently like the piercer told me to do so.
    the bar is still a few mm bigger than the piercing so its not gone too tight yet either.
    any idea's what i can do to with it? i presume its not normal:rolleyes:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Don't use savlon spray for one, use salt water mix. Boil kettle, let water cool to a bearable temperature. Add salt, you want the mix to taste like tears. Clean it twice a day with the mixture.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

cheers. i cleaned it there with salt water.
    would the swelling mean its gotten infected?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Nah sure you got a needle put through ya and a piece of jewellery put in, normal bodily reaction. If you are worried go to your piercer, they will put you at ease more than any of us can

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Will wrote: »
    Nah sure you got a needle put through ya and a piece of jewellery put in, normal bodily reaction. If you are worried go to your piercer, they will put you at ease more than any of us can

fair enough. i was just thinking it was weird that there was no swelling or pain for 6 days and then it swells and gets sore.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Sometimes piercings can just act up even if you've had them for years. Maybe you bumped it or something in your sleep. Just continue on with the sea salt and you should be fine. Make sure you're using sea salt and not table salt either.

• Advertisement
Advertisement