Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Info on a bus service

Options
  • 20-05-2011 3:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

Got accepted for a course that is starting out in Dangan on the 30th of May...would anyone be able to help me by telling me if

A. theres a bus route from the Gmit (live out the Éastside) out to Dangan as someone mentioned that to me today but cant find anything online for it :rolleyes: it does not matter if has to stop in town..the course starts every morning at 8.30 so suppose would have to be a 8' o'clock or earlier start...

and

B. how much does a monthly bus ticket cost coz been ages since on a bus!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭ciotog

CrazyMel wrote: »
    Got accepted for a course that is starting out in Dangan on the 30th of May...would anyone be able to help me by telling me if

A. theres a bus route from the Gmit (live out the Éastside) out to Dangan as someone mentioned that to me today but cant find anything online for it :rolleyes: it does not matter if has to stop in town..the course starts every morning at 8.30 so suppose would have to be a 8' o'clock or earlier start...

and

Nothing direct that I'm aware of and I don't see anything on http://www.galwaytransport.info/2009/07/city-bus-services.html either. I live in Doughiska and work in the IDA Park in Dangan. That trip by bus involves a 9 to Eyre Square and then a 4W to Dangan (there's supposed to be an 8:05 which would do the job for you). I cycle most of the time instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭CrazyMel

ciotog wrote: »
    Nothing direct that I'm aware of and I don't see anything on http://www.galwaytransport.info/2009/07/city-bus-services.html either. I live in Doughiska and work in the IDA Park in Dangan. That trip by bus involves a 9 to Eyre Square and then a 4W to Dangan (there's supposed to be an 8:05 which would do the job for you). I cycle most of the time instead.

thanks a million :) id die if i had to cycle that far lol

• Registered Users Posts: 25,968 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Adult is 55 yo-yo.

Other fares here: http://www.galwaytransport.info/2008/12/fares-for-galway-city-bus-services-city.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Head The Wall

thanks a million :) id die if i had to cycle that far lol
    You'd be surprised at how quickly you would get used to it.

JustMary wrote: »

You get allowances off the course of €11.50 a week...shockin tho 55 thought be bout 40..!
    You'd be surprised at how quickly you would get used to it.

Well I go the gym but Dangan would be about 12 miles to get there and back Id be honest ta god wrecked lol

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Well I go the gym but Dangan would be about 12 miles to get there and back Id be honest ta god wrecked lol

It's an hour walk from Gmit to the Westwood Hotel..about 5km. Perfectably cycleable.

I cycle 12 miles to work and it takes 40 minutes so it should really be no bother to ya once ya start doing it. You would also feel much better for doing it

I cycle 12 miles to work and it takes 40 minutes so it should really be no bother to ya once ya start doing it. You would also feel much better for doing it

Ya you are right :) thanks man

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Do you even bother having a shower before heading to work? :D

We have showers at work luckily enough. Biggest problem is getting the blood flowing to the legs at six in the morning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,491 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Its Galway. Hes going to be rained on on the way. Two birds killed with one stone.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 SteveSilverhead

Well here's a long shot, but just in case it's of any help.. there is a bus service that passes by GMIT and stops at NUIG, leaving about a 20 minute walk to Dangan:
    http://www.healytours.ie/ss_loughrea.html

NUIG is not a designated pick up stop, and you'd need to ask about the fare, but it may be of use.

But I also cycle this route, and just to let you know..even with the wind in my face I can do NUIG-Dangan in no more than 15 minutes. Worth thinking about at least...

Hope that helps!

Well here's a long shot, but just in case it's of any help.. there is a bus service that passes by GMIT and stops at NUIG, leaving about a 20 minute walk to Dangan:
    http://www.healytours.ie/ss_loughrea.html

NUIG is not a designated pick up stop, and you'd need to ask about the fare, but it may be of use.

But I also cycle this route, and just to let you know..even with the wind in my face I can do NUIG-Dangan in no more than 15 minutes. Worth thinking about at least...

Hope that helps!

hey sorry for not getting back to you thanks for your comment!

Advertisement