Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car boot sale in or around Galway?

Options
  • 20-05-2011 4:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭

Anyone know if theres any car boot sales on this weekend? I think there was one on last sunday in salthill...seen a few threads asking the same question, there has to be something going on somewhere??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

If no luck in city, was in Tuam this evening in Tuam Shopping Centre and saw a Flyer posted up in the lift about some sort of Carboot sale. Maybe if ya ring them in the Shopping Centre they can give ya more info. :)

Actually now that I think of it, if I was reading it right it is in aid of MS, so maybe check MS Ireland's/Society etc. Website, they may have details of it on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭RichT

There's an indoor market/car boot at Claregalway (on the N18) every Sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 bookseller

Hi, could you give any more info about the car boot sale in Claregalway? times, cost, etc. many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭RichT

Here's the Facebook for it. (every Sunday 10am - 5pm)

Only been a couple of times myself, first time a bought a couple of bits, second time i thought it was all 'a load of old toot'

Worth a look though IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭hyperbaby

I have a load of random stuff I need to get rid of.
    Would Claregalway be the wrong place for selling it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 spiraleye

claregalway indoor market is on every sunday - 25 euro for a pitch for the day- it can be good depending on what you sell :D

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭fattymuatty

I've seen people there selling all kinds of random crap so it should be fine. This Sunday they are starting a car boot thing out there too. It's €10 a car I think and €20 as usual for an inside spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Cool, might head out there on Sunday to sell off some stuff I don't need any more.
    Tenner for a car spot is it? When should I show up? Where?

doors are open to the public at 10 am , for stall holders they open at 9 , it only gets busy from 1130 on wards, but get there early for a good pitch, at the entrance to the claregalway industral estate they will have a guy where you pay your pitch costs , but ring them in advance to book a place. good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭GALWAYINDOOR

is it work a look ? or is it just traders selling over priced stuff ? was there before and it was a waste of time are there actually people doing a real car boot ???

• Advertisement

How did you get on Biko ?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

When the alarm rang I said "feck it" and just went back to sleep.
    I'm a lazy fecker :D

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭JJRocket

I popped in last Sunday for a browse, with a view to set up a stall there sometime soon. It was busy enough and the stalls were all indoor, there were no cars outside (only a selection of garden plants)
    There is a lot of new items for sale and craft items but the also was a number of people selling their second hand goods. I didnt buy anything but my mum bought a second hand jacket for a few euro! Iv decided to set up there some sunday when im free, so Il update here to let you know how it goes!

Advertisement