Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor MMS settings for smartphone

Options
  • 20-05-2011 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29,853 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, Myself and gf bought a Samasung Galaxy phone each the other day. We both got MMS settings sent to us from Meteor and installed them but neither of us can send or receive MMS messages. We were able to do so on our old phones so its not an issue with the sim. I checked Meteor website and saw they were the same settings they sent us in the txt.

http://www.meteor.ie/support/smartphone/

I called Meteor and he said these settings were completely wrong and he will get onto the online department to change them. He sent new settings (with the wrong APN) He said to ignore the wrong one and enter mms.mymeteor.ie I entered the rest of the details and turned off/on phone but still can't send or receive MMS messages.

Can someone here post their working settings please?

The new ones he sent are below:

APN: mms.mymeteor.ie
    Proxy: 010.085.085.085
    Port: 8799
    user: my
    password: meteor
    server: http://wap.mymeteor.ie
    mmsc: mms.mymeteor.ie
    mms proxy: 010.085.085.085
    mms port: 8799
    mcc: 272
    mnc: 03
    apn type: default (no default option, just mms)

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,853 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I saw the sticky at the top for MMS settings but some options are different and the guy at meteor said they had wrong settings so just wanted to check what your settings are, if your mms is working that is :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,853 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Okay, so I saw 'Use Packet Data' was unchecked. I checked it and the mms messages came through ok so a mod can delete this or keep it up since meteor changed the MMS settings without telling anyone.

Advertisement