Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Helicopters

Options
  • 20-05-2011 5:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

Does anyone know what the helicopters are for?
    Theres 3 of these:
    RAF-Chinook.jpg

And 2 of these:
    blackhawk_helicopter-13418.jpg

Don't think they were army ones.
    Anyone know anything?
    Probably something to do with Queen or Obama?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42 ScArY_Cheese

There's 3 chinooks and 2 smaller helicopters flying around Lucan at the moments. Gone over my house about 6 times. They must be on to me lads!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 DinnyMc

There's 3 chinooks and 2 smaller helicopters flying around Lucan at the moments. Gone over my house about 6 times. They must be on to me lads!

Yeah, they circled my house about 4 times.
    THEY'RE ONTO US! :L

They're absolutely deafening. Can't have a decent **** with them flyin about up there. :mad:

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

They're US Air Force Chinooks, probably delivering Obama's armoured limo and other support vehicles. I remember seeing the same thing when Clinton came here years ago.

Ah so it's not really the internet police coming to stop me downloading movies? You know I never took that DVD advertisement seriously, I thought my luck had just run out! :P

"You wouldn't download a car!"
    "Yes I would."
    "Well then we'll attack you with helicopters!"
    "OHSI-"

• Advertisement

I didn't get a proper look at the two smaller helicopters, but according to the guys on the Aviation & Aircraft forum they were Blackhawks rather than the Apache in the picture above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 DinnyMc

Zaph wrote: »
    I didn't get a proper look at the two smaller helicopters, but according to the guys on the Aviation & Aircraft forum they were Blackhawks rather than the Apache in the picture above.

Ye that what it was.
    I'll put that picture up :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Yes I got some photos of them on firday. Ill post em up later.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

arrived into dublin airport this morning and these were parked over to our left hand side while taxiing to terminal 2, seemed to be a paddy wagon in close proximity to them also, maybe guarding them?

They're still here?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

This is their last mission... so maybe they just haven't been taken to the big helicopter graveyard yet...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

One of them damaged a blade during the high winds.

It is waiting for repairs and transport.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Leaving today according to the Aviation & Aircraft forum :)

Advertisement