Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

3 chinooks and 2 blackhawks?

• 20-05-2011 5:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭

Anyone got a notion to why they were buzzing around west dublin? Air corp training?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 meat bomb

If only

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭delta-boy

Xios,

Yeah dude haha, amazing sight, I just saw numorous Chinooks from BAF flying over my area, spotted about 6 of them. They were flying in 2's behind each other, well, the ones I saw anyway. I didnt spot any Blackhawks, although I did see a couple of Augusta Westlands.

-Delta

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭franklyon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭jim69

over lucan for 30 mins or so,had look with binoculars.couldent see markings,brits or yanks ?

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭delta-boy

Jim,

I thought they were RAF?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Question is where have they been deployed from? From whatever base they have in the UK or is it form a carrier? Presuming it's from the UK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 354 ✭✭premiercad

Thought I saw marine Corp livery but trees obscured my view in the park till they lifted off and orbited west dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 37 onmia

The Four Chinooks flew into Dublin yesterday , just spent the past hour watchin 3 Chinooks , 2 black hawks ??? with US markings , 3 x air corps AW139 , 1 x air corps EC135 , 1 G***a EC135 , 1 x G***a plane , 1 x air corps lear jet , 1 x air corps cesna and just now 2 more AW139 heading into bal .:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Two Blackhawks flew of the south city about an hour ago heading west towards Baldonnel (I assume).

• Registered Users Posts: 37 onmia

headed to moneygall aparently .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

Spotted 2 Chinooks over Killiney 15 mins ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=72329470&postcount=1809
    tricky D wrote: »
    The 3 Chinooks and 2 Blackhawks were running their engines for ages. Then 2 Chinooks moved off to the west apron and the 2 Blackhawks and 1 Chinook moved onto 16/34 and took off at 16:36. We all got so snap happy we didn't even notice the 2 Chinooks taking off from the west apron.

Missed the C17s leaving by 15 mins, but heard them approaching from Howth before midday. Wasn't facing the approach but they made such a distinctive and different sound that I went to the other side of the house and got confirmation.

2xuh60-1xch47.jpg

ch47-1.jpg

2xuh60.jpg

uh60-1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Chinooks were from "BIG WINDY" A CO. 5th/159th AVN from Germany I believe. They routed thru RAF Shawbury and over RAF Valley.

The Whitehawks are "MarineOne" and the either the back up of "Marinetwo".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Crosspost from Aviation & A

Navy now getting one of its ducks in a row, LE Aoife anchoring north of Ireland's Eye. (Lambay in the background)

LE-Aoife-P22.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭jim69

obama just gone over lucan on route to moneygall.3 chinooks and 2 other helicopters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

Steyr wrote: »
    Chinooks were from "BIG WINDY" A CO. 5th/159th AVN from Germany I believe. They routed thru RAF Shawbury and over RAF Valley.

The Whitehawks are "MarineOne" and the either the back up of "Marinetwo".

WOOHOO!!!!
    PEDANT ALERT!!!!!!

The chopper wouldn't become Marine 1 until el prez hops aboard!!

Sorry Dave, couldn't resist!! :):)

Advertisement