Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car/Baby seats

Options
  • 20-05-2011 7:08pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,098 ✭✭✭✭

Do all seats fit all cars? We're thinking about getting a Bugaboo Camelion, and herself is wondering if they will fit both of our cars, golf mark 4 & 5. Noob question I know.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Ayla

The short answer to your question is no, all seats do not fit all cars. some have isofix, some don't. Some are too wide for the seat, some aren't.

I think when we got our britax seats we looked on their website & they had a compatibility search. That way we could put in what car we have & they'd list the seats that fit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

The cameoleon comes with the maxi cosi car seat I think? Check the manufacturers website and it should have a list of compatible cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

If you can get An isofix base and a compatible car seat defintely go for it. I find it brilliant and makes getting the baby in and out of the car so easy. Depends on whether your car has isofix though.

I wouldn't bother gettiones base for each car though-we were going to and the sales woman talked us out of it (thank god!). We end up using one car all the time and it's easy enough to move the base if you did need to.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,098 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Cool. Just checked the maxi cozy website there, and both our cars are fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

Husband had a Renault Laguna and the belts were not long enough to go around the newborn car seat.

• Advertisement
Advertisement